Page 99 of 311 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Thank you! I'm still considering a change to 6.5cm though. Think I'd need a new bolt? I know I don't NEED a new bolt, but usually you keep bolts matched with barrels, right?
    I'm in the same boat. Not so much for round count tracking because that would require precision and employment beyond my skill level, as a DMR it works fine out of the box. But I do want a spare bolt just to have a spare. I don't see chamber pressure or wear being something that would make it necessary to keep each bolt with their respective caliber, I may be wrong though.

I've been looking at the 18 or 20" 6.5CM barrels. It's an awesome round for +600m which is usually where it see my 147gr or 175gr really start to plummet. And if it were the designated "longer range barrel", it would be easy to keep strapped to an ALICE with the 16" .308 barrel as a walking around gun. I would have to add another laminated dope card to the cheat sheet, but that's worth it for the performance of a 6.5CM.

If you see any in stock, please don't forget to give me a heads up...just make sure you place your order first
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Pretty much complete now.

17.25" CL barrel. Cut, dimpled and reprofiled (in front of gas block for suppressor mount).

Currently in mama moose CQB set up with 13.5" dimpled barrel with pinned MAMS and Aimpoint M4s. The 2 other barrels are the 17.25" 762 barrel in pics above and a 20" 260 Rem.

Last edited by hjmpanzr; 06-13-14 at 22:14.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    F**KING NASTY!!!

Throw in the matching optic for the 17.25"....your leupy MK6, and grab a NF F1 for the true LR setup...the 20" .260rem barrel and you seriously have the most world beating, modular large frame AR in the game imho.

Very nice job illustrating the copious amounts of modularity, and simplicity with regards to the MWS system.

I own a MWS rifle, you sir own a MWS system.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just played around with an MWS today at the LGS. Slick railed upper. So freaking torn between this and the KAC EC I know I know get both, but I'm in the middle of two projects right now. Building/putting together a KMR ELWF rifle for my dad for his 60th bday, and waiting to get my KAC 3.1 CQB upper.... ugh. I will say the MWS I played with today was not near as front heavy as I was expecting. Sure it felt heavy, but it didn't feel as unbalance as say a bushy/magpul ACR. LGS was asking $3K for it. Appeared to have the 16" CL bbl.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    F**KING NASTY!!!

Throw in the matching optic for the 17.25"....your leupy MK6, and grab a NF F1 for the true LR setup...the 20" .260rem barrel and you seriously have the most world beating, modular large frame AR in the game imho.

Very nice job illustrating the copious amounts of modularity, and simplicity with regards to the MWS system.

I own a MWS rifle, you sir own a MWS system.
    Thanks. I'm very happy with it and I've only been using the 13.5" barrel.

Got the F1 in a GDI mount. Heavy but versatile. Shots from the 13.5". First day with the scope on the MWS (and got to use Browning rifle range). Not great but things come along.

100 yds

200 yds 4 shots (holes above were from another guy who let me shoot at his target)

300 yds 3 shots

Last edited by hjmpanzr; 06-13-14 at 22:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Random question, did you say that the mws 6.5 cm barrel didn't like 140 gr rounds? I'm considering swapping from 308 to 6.5.
    I am in the same boat. Anyone have any luck with 6.5? Thinking .260 rem....

T

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    Just played around with an MWS today at the LGS. Slick railed upper. So freaking torn between this and the KAC EC I know I know get both, but I'm in the middle of two projects right now. Building/putting together a KMR ELWF rifle for my dad for his 60th bday, and waiting to get my KAC 3.1 CQB upper.... ugh. I will say the MWS I played with today was not near as front heavy as I was expecting. Sure it felt heavy, but it didn't feel as unbalance as say a bushy/magpul ACR. LGS was asking $3K for it. Appeared to have the 16" CL bbl.
    $3K is a bit high. Picked mine up in Jan for something like $2475 shipped to FFL.

Be interested to see how the KAC CQB runs. Mine is very gassy. I'm using a 6.8oz buffer (vltor A5H4) with Pmc 223.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've read that about the 11.5" and thanks for giving me the heads up. All the gun stores around me have the slick railed model for about $3k. Missed a sale on the railed MWS for $2100... :-(

Sent from my JB'd iOS 7 iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    Great shooting and thanks for keeping the reports coming

Sexiest rifle of the web as far as I'm concerned.

I'd be happy with either 6.5cm or .260rem 20" setup....and I'd get which ever one I could find cheaper personally. I swapped back and forth over the last yr. or two w/ regards to which one I want for my ultimate MWS LR config.

If they're both the same price, I'm going with the .260rem just because it seems like there are more quality factory loads avail. for me as a non-reloader at this time.

$2100 is fantastic price for a standard MWS. Very close to dealers price on it for sure. $3k isn't all that bad imho for a LM8 at a local store...esp. if it has the 16" SS barrel. Then again, I'm seeing LM8s in my dreams these days.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    My MWS is finally complete! Just picked up the Specwar a few days ago and shot it for the first time yesterday. No formal accuracy testing, just function and fun. Fed about 80 rounds of Hirtenberger through it with zero issues. The recoil has been significantly mitigated with the addition of a SprinCo Orange spring and the Specwar muzzle brake. It use to feel like shooting a Benelli M2 12 gauge, now it feels more like shooting a slightly stouter 5.56 AR. Muzzle rise is minimal and follow up shots are quick. Great fun!

Page 99 of 311 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast