Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Day at Central Whidbey

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm in.

Feedback Score

Ammo restrictions

If we will be using steel plates for this shoot, and I expect we will, there are going to be some ammo restrictions. No steel cored or steel jacked ammo can be used with the plates. I'll have a magnet to check. No full power magnum ammo, and no 5.7x28.

Feedback Score

The shoot is set for September 10th. We are limiting the shoot to 16
    1. Mook NW+1
    3. kaltesherz
    4. dan1775
    5. piecekeeper
    6. RandyHa
    7. GitmoSmoke
    8. GlockWRX
    9. crusader4x
    10. peterpanzer
    11. okie john
    12. Jeff
    13. hid237
    14. vader
    15. Stormrider (maybe)

Bring the rifles and we can shoot them on another range untill the bays open up around noon.
    Last edited by GitmoSmoke; 08-20-11 at 13:09. Reason: roster update

Feedback Score
    I won't know until the 2nd week in August whether I'll be able to be there.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Put Jeff in for a spot.

Feedback Score

sept 10th

if there is room I am in. thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I head out for a month on the 8th. Looks like Ill miss this one.

Rick

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does one of these "pistol days" entail? Round counts, cost, equipment, etc.?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Still working out the schedule, but we're gonna be doing some drawing from concealment, malfunction drills, barricade drills and shooting from cover with movement.
    Handgun/3-4 mags min, ff folks are WA CPL holders, their concealment holster should do, along with a single or double mag pouch, eye/ear and other basics.
    If anyone doesn't have a CPL, it may be better to roll with a competition style holster, or OWB for red tapes sake.
    From what I understand, we won't have access to the pistol bays till noon so I would guestimate the round count from 400-600 to be on the safe side.
    We will likely get our grub on some pulled pork or some other masterful creation by Gitmosmoke, so you would wanna bring $5 bucks for that, and the club may require a $15 or so fee for day use.
    Basically, it will be badass
    We will be performing the days events in a 360 deg bay, which should allow us to do some 1 person area clearing type stuff, which will be awesome. I'm still working out the specifics with the Gitmo as to what kind of barricades, cover, props we can use.
    Oh, and bring your rifle for the A.M.
    Last edited by MookNW; 07-11-11 at 09:42.

Feedback Score
    Still working out the schedule, but we're gonna be doing some drawing from concealment, malfunction drills, barricade drills and shooting from cover with movement.
    Thanks for sketching this out Mook. So far, it seems like a good start. Personally speaking, the more work "from concealment" the better. Of course, as you mention, each of us can arrive with our individually suited setups.

We will be performing the days events in a 360 deg bay, which should allow us to do some 1 person area clearing type stuff...
    Having never participated in this type of format, how will these exercises play out? Am I correct in saying that the 360 bay affords targets to the shooters front, right and left while a spotter/coach trails behind?

Thanks for all of your effort, spending plenty of time with the handguns will offer a fun change of pace and challenges.
    Last edited by Peter Panzer; 07-12-11 at 14:22.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast