Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Day at Central Whidbey

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    im in.

Feedback Score
    If anyone can't make it before noon don't worry you shouldn't miss any of the training. With a rifle match on the long range and hunters safety in the morning we will be pretty limited on what we can do. Maybe an informal bowling pin match?
    Right now we are almost at our limit for shooters (filled if stormrider is coming in). So if anyone can't make it please let me know so we can let someone else in.
    It seems like everyone on the list has been here before so we don't have to worry about a huge safety brief, but since we are going to be moving in confined ares I suggest bringing body armor if you have it.
    There will be a $15 range fee for all of the shoots at Central Whidbey, and if you want to partake of the BBQ bring an extra $5.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Put me as a +1. My friend Bill wlt attend.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey--I'm only coming for the handgun portion. Does it still work if I just show up around noon?

Okie John

Feedback Score
    This is primarily a hand gun only day. If we get a chance to shoot the rifles before noon I would be suprised. The only rifle capable ranges are reserved in the morning for Hunters safety and a rifle match. Maybe after the scheduled training we can hit another range for some rifle work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OK.

I'll show up at noon, looking forward to a glorious western Washington fall day filled with gunfire and cameraderie.

Okie John

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hey Mook,

Have you set a course of fire or round count yet?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Should have some solid info this evening or tomorrow morning.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Schedule for 9/10/11 @ 12

Sorry for the delay guys, I've been a busy mofo for the last few days.
    Here's what I have so far.
    12-1:00: BBQ meet & greet lunch followed by safety meeting/ mag load sesh. People may want to move the grazing period to later in the day, I'm cool either way.
    1-2:00:Line drills covering basic draws from concealment and speed/tac reloads (These drills will likely be shot on IDPA style sillouettte targets and get pasted between shooters. We will likely be in 6-8 groups of two rotating shooters), some pistol-training.kawm drills will also be included ( dot torture comes to mind, but IIRC it uses 50 rds, so to keep it cost effective I may skip it.)
    2-3:00: Bust out the VTAC barricades, and do some drills rotating 4 or so guys per station. This should be similar to the hell incurred with the barricades last time.
    3-4:00: I'd like to do some timed drills to get some guys shooting under a little pressure. El prez and the 1-5 come to mind. We can also do some of these drills head to head which should make it interesting.
    Spam is Yummy, especially with Sriracha.
    4-6:00: I'm working with Gitmosmoke to get a shoothouse set up in bay 5 (360 degree pistol bay). This will likely include a door to enter, a hallway with 4-5 door staggered openings to mocked up rooms with steel or cardboard threats inside.
    This will be constructed of a black visqueen material wrapped around pvc uprites. If it works out as planned, it will be awesome. This will be for 1 man lite clearing scenarios with an armored RSO walking thru with the shooter, maybe timing the run.
    Now, as cool as this may be, we shouldn't have 15 guys in line waiting to run the course. I think it would be good to have another moving and shooting event in bay 3 or 4 to split the group up a little. We can use barrels and some of the barricades to make a course for that on pretty easily, as that bay is pretty small compared to 5.
    I'm open to suggestions.
    As for the round count I think we may break 300 with no rifle drills scheduled.
    I'd bring 4-500 if you can. We may end up flying thru the shit, but as a wise friend once said, If you shoot 4-500 rds in a day, you reach a point where you're no learning anymore.

This post has been written with the assumption that everyone coming has some basic and fundamental handgun skills, as well as the gear to get them through the day. If you have any q's hit me up in this thread or pm. Whatever you want.
    -Mook

What's the food plan?
    Last edited by MookNW; 08-25-11 at 19:40.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting this up and getting us organized Mook.

12-1:00: BBQ meet & greet lunch followed by safety meeting/ mag load sesh.
    Any chance we could move this earlier in the day, say 11am-12pm or are the CWSA long gun folks utilizing the clubhouse in the morning? Thought being, we could maximize our allocated range time.

...shoothouse set up in bay 5 (360 degree pistol bay). This will likely include a door to enter, a hallway with 4-5 door staggered openings to mocked up rooms with steel or cardboard threats inside.
    This has potential. Do we know if there is anyone in the group with room clearing training/experience using handguns who can point out proper techniques?

Spam is Yummy, especially with Sriracha.
    You just tossed that in to see who was paying attention didn't 'cha?
    Last edited by Peter Panzer; 08-25-11 at 19:33.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast