Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PEQ-15 vs DBAL-A2

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I find this to be a training issues rather than a gear issue. I haven't seen any white light ADs with the dual pad but it requires training to that piece of gear as do all pieces of gear.

So your mileage may vary, as has been shown it does.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Our SOP was nothing of the sort, merely function checking the PEQ's each time before a patrol to see if anything had gone awry - mine went a half a year on one battery (exclusively momentary use), so I was unaware of any such problems with the insight units.
    ^^ This. Same here. We just gave our PEQ-15s a quick op check before leaving the wire as part of our PCC/PCI, just as we would any other electronic piece of gear. We would just make sure we had spare batteries just in-case. Some guys would take the battery out while inside the wire and keep it in their optic pouch, but they would put the same battery in before going back out. I just kept mine in the whole time, and I experienced the same battery life as above. I don't even remember changing it out, even though I must have at some point.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    I find this to be a training issues rather than a gear issue. I haven't seen any white light ADs with the dual pad but it requires training to that piece of gear as do all pieces of gear.

So your mileage may vary, as has been shown it does.
    While I agree that training is a critical component to the proper use of any equipment, in this case I feel that it could be considered a gear issue as there is does not take a significant amount of pressure to activate the light, and it would not take much of a change in hand position to cause an AD. This is just my 2 cents, but I think it could use a little refinement.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Why not use the tailcap lock-out feature of the SureFire light when using IR/NV? Simply unscrew the tailcap a certain amount and no more white light.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 05-15-11 at 11:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I have seen to many LDI products fail so I would go with the PEQ-15.

C4
    My DBAL shorted out and died after owning it for a few months.

Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cgcorrea View Post
    ^^ This. Same here. We just gave our PEQ-15s a quick op check before leaving the wire as part of our PCC/PCI, just as we would any other electronic piece of gear. We would just make sure we had spare batteries just in-case. Some guys would take the battery out while inside the wire and keep it in their optic pouch, but they would put the same battery in before going back out. I just kept mine in the whole time, and I experienced the same battery life as above. I don't even remember changing it out, even though I must have at some point.
    Same. I usually changed batteries when I got issued a different PEQ15, but have never changed batts besides that.
    Last edited by RustedAce; 05-15-11 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I agree 100% with Titleist as far as the switches go.

So I see alot of guys that have their peq's and such mounted back near the sights and the switch is up in front of it on the top rail.

So my question, does your thumb/hand get in the way of the ir illuminator on the unit and do you get alot of bloom from the rifle /hand when using nv?

Quote Originally Posted by NastyButler View Post

And yes Titleist......the Surefire Dual Switch is BOSS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmillanman5 View Post
    I agree 100% with Titleist as far as the switches go.

So I see alot of guys that have their peq's and such mounted back near the sights and the switch is up in front of it on the top rail.

So my question, does your thumb/hand get in the way of the ir illuminator on the unit and do you get alot of bloom from the rifle /hand when using nv?

I have never had an issue with it. I don't use the IR flood light so my thumb doesn't get in the way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RustedAce View Post
    My DBAL shorted out and died after owning it for a few months.

Sucks.
    Was this a 2nd hand unit? If not, did you return to LDI for repair and what was the diagnoses?
    Victor Di Cosola
    sales@tnvc.com
    http://www.tnvc.com
    "Eliminating our adversaries 940nm at a time"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Was this a 2nd hand unit? If not, did you return to LDI for repair and what was the diagnoses?
    It was second hand, so no return, I got it from a dealer, probably one of the DOE ones you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyButler View Post
    I have never had an issue with it. I don't use the IR flood light so my thumb doesn't get in the way.
    Whats the point of even owning it if you dont use/cant use because of where you have the switch the flood?????????????????????????????

Why not get an I2 or an IR Otal, or PAQ4 for much much less??

That boggles my mind, the flood is the nicest thing about it.
    Last edited by RustedAce; 05-15-11 at 21:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RustedAce View Post
    It was second hand, so no return, I got it from a dealer, probably one of the DOE ones you mentioned.

Whats the point of even owning it if you dont use/cant use because of where you have the switch the flood?????????????????????????????

Why not get an I2 or an IR Otal, or PAQ4 for much much less??

That boggles my mind, the flood is the nicest thing about it.
    From my experience in using it I don't find it necessary. The beam provides all the IR light I need. 90% of the time I was inside a building conducting a raid, with the flood light on it caused to much illumination and would wash out my NODs. There was also the rest of the guys in my squad with there lasers on which would provide even more IR light. It is my personal preference. Some people like it and need it, some don't.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast