Thread: So I have this canted gas block...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

So I have this canted gas block...

Am I going to have a problem as well?

The gas tube enters the upper at a very slight angle, but I can't feel any drag on the carrier key. The gas block is pinned and the barrel is dimpled for the set screws, so I can't really move the gas block around at all.

Should I just shoot the upper and fix the issue only if the rifle malfunctions? Or am I looking at introducing a long term problem by leaving everything as-is? I'm shooting 6.8SPC and plan to run my hot handloads through the barrel (Ko-tonics, so it's OK).

Here are pics of the complete rifle and the gas block:

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wonder if you couldn't just bend the gas tube just enough to route it straight into the key???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    It doesn't look all that bad to me. You should be able to drive the pin out and and reset the GB though.

C4

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It doesn't look all that bad to me. You should be able to drive the pin out and and reset the GB though.

C4
    Well, the pin intersects the barrel like the taper pins on a standard FSB. There's just no way to reset the GB unless I have someone fill in the barrel and redrill the hole.

If it's no big deal, I'll just leave it alone.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Well, the pin intersects the barrel like the taper pins on a standard FSB. There's just no way to reset the GB unless I have someone fill in the barrel and redrill the hole.

If it's no big deal, I'll just leave it alone.
    Having installed many a pinned GB, there is actually some play here. My suggestion would be to at least try and see if you can move the GB a little (which is all you need).

C4

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Having installed many a pinned GB, there is actually some play here. My suggestion would be to at least try and see if you can move the GB a little (which is all you need).

C4
    Will do.

Thanks, Grant.