Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tac2 Night Shoot?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Falla View Post
    Fella's,

I just stumbled across this thread and thought that I would chime in since we have been getting several requests from shooters in the TN area for RB1 training.

RB1 offers Night Fighting training to our civilian shooters through our Open Enrollment Training Division. We offer both entry level and advanced training techniques for pistol and carbine. Our training curriculum is well structured and progressive in nature and incorporates hand held and weapon mounted techniques for low light and no light situations.

If you would like to have BR1 conduct training in your location, please contact us to discuss details.

We look forward to training with you!
    I sent you an email, but I figured I'd give you a heads-up here in case it gets spam-filtered or something.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Alright, guys, we are on. We still haven't met the number needed, but Doc is going to send out an email and doesn't think it will be a problem to get the number of folks we need.

Going from the class description, we will be doing this two hours before dark and two hours after on the evening of June 11. There's an IDPA match that day, so if you guys want to shoot it, come on out and we'll squad together. As far as I know, we will be adhering to the course description, so read that to see the requirements.

We can also go ahead and pay for the class. Go here: http://www.tac2.com/index.php?template=app and choose Low Light Clinic from the drop-down menu and then fill out the application. I don't think there's any need to fill out the previous training or gun make and model parts of the form. After you submit the application, you will be taken to the payment page. Payments are made through PayPal, but you don't have to be a member of PayPal to make a payment.

In the unlikely event that we don't get one more person to take the class, Doc will refund our money.

If you don't mind, sound off here or send me a PM or email to let me know that you've submitted the application for the course, so that we make sure we stay on track.

Yee haw.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

Feedback Score
    24 (96%)
    Paid. Thanks

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I'm paid up as well. What time are you guys showing up for IDPA? It'll be my first time shooting IDPA so I'll definently need a babysitter.....Jason?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doughnut View Post
    I'm paid up as well. What time are you guys showing up for IDPA? It'll be my first time shooting IDPA so I'll definently need a babysitter.....Jason?
    I usually get there between 9:15 and 9:30. If you shoot first and second gun and then do the low-light clinic, you are looking at ~400 rds. of ammo.

I may shoot the first match while it's still kind of cool, then hang out somewhere else in the afternoon, and then come back and shoot the clinic.

Well, that sounds good anyway. I'll likely just shoot it all.

Give me a call as we get closer to next weekend and we'll discuss.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbvivid View Post
    I usually get there between 9:15 and 9:30. If you shoot first and second gun and then do the low-light clinic, you are looking at ~400 rds. of ammo.

I may shoot the first match while it's still kind of cool, then hang out somewhere else in the afternoon, and then come back and shoot the clinic.

Well, that sounds good anyway. I'll likely just shoot it all.

Give me a call as we get closer to next weekend and we'll discuss.
    I'll get in touch with you. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'll get paid up in the morning. Just have to double check tonight that I can line up someone to watch the dog Sat night.
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Did anyone on the TAC2 email list get a message about the clinic?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just paid up. Also left a message for a buddy of mine so may be able to get us a 6th even if no one from the email list signs up

EDIT: No go on me getting a 6th person
    Last edited by Icculus; 06-09-11 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The class was good and very informative. It's amazing what you learn by doing and seeing how your gear works (or doesn't) when put into practice. While I love both of my Surefire lights I see now that they both have weaknesses when trying to use them in conjunction with a handgun. First, while both could be manipulated with a "Harries" grip; the short body with clip of the E1B and the shielded spiked tailcap of the E2DL made the "Rogers" grip problematic. On the E2D I couldn't press the button with my palm and on the E1B I couldn't get a good grip and would often press the momentary twice. Being a two stage, I would end up with 5 lums of reading light instead of tactical level light.

Looks like a G2Z or Z series is somewhere in my future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12