Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $300 EO Tech 551

Feedback Score

$300 EO Tech 551

Just as the title says. I have the ability to buy a BNIB Eo Tech 551 that is NVG compatible for $300. Im not certain whether or not I want an Eo Tech or a ACOG or an Aimpoint. But the price is sure good considering Ive seen the
    512's for $380.

Feedback Score
    They are worth the money. I like the 1MOA dot and nothing else reticle. Just beware those damn Ncell batteries leak(just cleaned mine up). Care to share who has them for 300.00? I could use another.

Feedback Score
    Its a local dealer here in Western Mass. His big problem is he does not sell anyhting over the internet. If you would like one let me know

Feedback Score
    Ok thanks, im going to see wha Botach is getting more in as they had them and ship free if the order is over 100.00. I should have bought more. The only problem I had is after 6months the Ncells leaked and was a PIA to clean up. I do like the reticle. I may go over to the Aimpoint side after looking at a Comp M4 I picked up for a customer.

Feedback Score

EOTech 551 on my LMT M4 type carbine

That's a great price, I got mine almost two years ago in the low $300 range from Grant of G&R Tactical but that was a long time ago, I'm sure prices are higher now.

I like the compact size of the 551 because I plan on getting a NV in the future and need a smaller optic to fit on my upper.

I use my EOTech mostly in close self defense role and it works fine for me, I like the large 65 MOA reticle which is very easy to see and aim at close distances.

EOTech usually eats batteries really quick specially the N cell, I had changed batteries a lot of times already compared to my Aimpoint M2 which I never changed yet in almost three years now.

If you could live with changing the batteries often, and I would recommend always carry a lot of spare batteries, the 551 would be a good choice for its small size and lower price for a NV compatible optic.
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member

Feedback Score
    I ended up getting the 551 for $275 out the door!

Feedback Score

$275 out the door

Where and how can I get a BNIB 551 at that price? I'm definitely interested.

Feedback Score
    I got it at a local dealer. As I mentioned before I dont think he sells over the Internet. I do know he has 553's and wants to get rid of them and some other 552's that he is looking to move. I will talk with him and see if he sells via the internet or at the very least I will get you his contact info so you can possible do it via snail mail.

Feedback Score
    Check those Ncells often, they have a habit of leaking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Check those Ncells often, they have a habit of leaking.

Thanks about the N cell info. There is a Police Supply Shop in the area that sells them for cheap so I plan on buying a decent amount of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast