Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't anyone VIDEO all these excellent classes I read about here???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Why doesn't anyone VIDEO all these excellent classes I read about here???

Just an observation...

I see all these AAR's that show they were great classes, some with pics, but none have any VIDEO.

It seems that someone taking VIDEO of these classes and then put them on DVD for the participants to buy (or sell outright) would be a great plus to aid in correcting mistakes. Watching yourself is a great tool, as most professional sports realize. It could also give the trainers a way to have a debriefing with the class after each day to point out areas of weakness...

Is there a market for this service? Would you, as a class participant, pay $30 or so to get a DVD of the class? Would you buy a DVD of a Vickers or Rogers class?

Just some thoughts I had...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I would imagine that the hard-working fellas who put these courses on might be short-changed by having their training presented for free.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    I would imagine that the hard-working fellas who put these courses on might be short-changed by having their training presented for free.
    Who said FREE? I'm talking about additional PROFIT and PRODUCT for the TRAINER and additional SERVICE to the PARTICIPANT by offering an "AAV" (After Action VIDEO) they can go back to whenever they want to refresh and learn more...

Sort of like all my old Gunsite VHS tapes I converted to DVD format not too far back so I could watch them without hooking up that dinosaur VCR...

I'm not an altruist....

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

One word...

(Potential) Liability.

OK. Two words.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Pay for the class and bring your own video camera along.

Feedback Score
    the teachers are too busy teaching...........students are too busy learning

Feedback Score

Cool You can buy the Wilson/Hackathorn DVD's!

I bought a couple of these DVD's off of Amazon before i went to one of Hackathorn's classes and found it to be a great source for a train up for the real thing. A DVD is a good thing but there is no replacement for the real thing! later!
    -ZM

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Some classes (or instructors rather) do allow students to video tape. However, for me the purpose of going to a class is to learn and practice the physical skill sets they're teaching under their guidance.

Investing all your energy in to watching people do stuff rather than doing it isn't why most people take the time and money to go to classes. Imagine going to a swim class and not getting in the water because you want to video tape the other swimmers.

A big reason many of my fellow classmates over the years decided to go to a school or class is so they can do things they normally can't on their home ranges such as shooting on the move, working in shoot houses, shooting under low light conditions, from vehicles, etc.

FWIW- Bennie Cooley and Scott Reitz both have some of their curriculum on video.

Paul Howe made extensive use of video recording and playback in a recent 5 day class I took.

Every instructor I've ever trained with encouraged the use of pen and paper for note taking. There are undoubtedly things I have missed that might have been caught had a video camera been available but there are many things I was able to pick up because I was actively absorbing the information rather than passively running a video camera.

That said, if Pat Rogers or Larry Vickers had video of a class they taught I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Templar has posted a few videos from the Vickers Tactical AK & Battle Rifle classes. I posted two from a VT 3-day pistol/carbine that we held back in Decemeber.

Do a search for those classes.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    with places like youtube, only ONE video would have to make it out to "train" everyone out there. It's not like it used to be where it was difficult to copy or share trade secrets like these.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast