Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who made a .40 S&W upper? **Now with Pictures**

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Shot it today. It functioned perfectly so it was money well spent. I don't think I'll ever find another mag for it, but it's a toy so won't see heavy use.

Threads are probably 5/8x24 as someone else thought. I just can't get a piston for my Ti-Rant 45 for that thread pattern.
    Police work: If it were easy it would be called your mom.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    What did you run for a buffer?
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I used the H2 that was already in my SBR lower, was just a quick test to make sure it functioned properly. It's recoil operated and I wasn't sure if it would run with the heavier buffer. The bolt is heavier too but it all works.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Cool. I have never shot a pistol upper. I was wondering if a 9mm buffer would be necessary/work. I think they're heavier than a car buffer. I will have to research that. I'm sure its covered here on m4c.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A little more research has shown that this was definately made by Olympic Arms. The magazines are also modified by Olympic for use with these uppers. So they're factory modified, not some wierd home brew like I originally thought. Also found them on Gunbroker.....one for 40 S&W the guy wants $150 for it and the other marked 45 ACP wants $75 for it! I think those guys are crazy high.

Now to find out if Olympic ever made the upper in the short configuration from the factory. I think I got a pretty good steal for the complete upper with 3 mags for $250. Now how can I attach my Ti-Rant 45?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12