Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Anyone using the Aimpoint Micro T-1 as a primary optic?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm running a T-1 as the primary on my 10.5" LWRC SBR. I really like it over the M2 I used to have. I may also replace the Eotech 553 with another one on my 6920.

A new shooter I introduced to EBR's shooting my SBR with T-1, and Surefire 556K suppressor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WasatchAR View Post
    Short answer... Yes.
    Look around 2:25
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=adc_1247237625
    "Hey John, don't fu*# up!" Pat Rogers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm working on growing my options:

pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    That looks like a perfect set up. Whoes rail is that?
    What grip is that???

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
    Yes. I'm running a T-1 on the LT tall mount with the LT BUIS, and I have no trouble co-witnessing.

Derek
    My fault sorry for the double post...What grip is that? Looks great.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looking through the AR pic thread sort of answers my question....plenty of guys are running the T-1 as their primary optic (now)!
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Small lights are fine in rooms, and compared to the lights of the past, the X300 is far and above small. Most people will be perfectly happy with 65 lumens inside a residiential building. There is really not enough difference in lighting to make a big difference. The high output lights (over 150) are awesome for penetrating dark when you are standing in the light, with light adjusted vision. The X300 type kind of bridge the gap for me. Not a super-light, but loads of light for all but the worst-case lighting conditions.

The problem (to me) with the X300 lies in it's activation method. The toggle is fine for pistols, and does not require altering the normal grip.

Rifles are bit different. First, the bezel of the light needs to be forward of the edge of the handguard or you get unacceptable shadow forward, and illuminate yourself. Both considered to be "bad". Second, the X300 requires toggle activation, which requires that the support hand be right behind the light. This is not really a problem on an SBR, but is unaceptable on most mid-lengths or rifles (for me). I would really be happy if SF made a tape-switch for the X300 like the Insight M3X.

This is just me though, YMMV.
    I use the X300 and it works great for me as a rifle and handgun light. It has 110 lums. On the rifle I mount it at 12 o clock. I use my thumb to activate the light it is natural for me.
    Pat

Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G19dude View Post
    My fault sorry for the double post...What grip is that? Looks great.
    Which grip? The pistol grip looks like a Tango Down BG-16 and the vertical grip looks like a KAC Vertical Grip.
    kit

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kit222 View Post
    Which grip? The pistol grip looks like a Tango Down BG-16 and the vertical grip looks like a KAC Vertical Grip.
    Thank you. I was asking about the pistol grip. I pulled it up on google it was the TD. I am going to have to try one...Looks nice

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415