Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reasonably affordable Precision Barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Barrel, ammo, trigger, glass > all factors in an accurate rifle not to mention the shooters contribution too.

Feedback Score
    I built my own version of a SDMR using a WO 20" SDMR fluted barrel, DD 12" lite rail, JP trigger, A2 stock, & a Bushnell FFP 3-12x44 scope. It's consistently good for 1 hole groups.

Feedback Score
    Douglas makes an air gauged barrel that's in your price range. I've been using a Douglas barrel in high power and it's a tack driver out to 600 yards.

Feedback Score
    Call Compass Lake Engineering - they use Douglas and Krieger blanks. They shoot very well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Gold View Post
    Douglas makes an air gauged barrel that's in your price range. I've been using a Douglas barrel in high power and it's a tack driver out to 600 yards.
    I'm familiar with Douglas barrels having used them on my CMP competition service rifles. great barrel at a great price...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1fabweld View Post
    I built my own version of a SDMR using a WO 20" SDMR fluted barrel, DD 12" lite rail, JP trigger, A2 stock, & a Bushnell FFP 3-12x44 scope. It's consistently good for 1 hole groups.
    thanks. I looked at these and they look pretty good for the price. I like the fluting under the handguard as I had a 20" match service rifle and it was definitely not a "walking around" rifle as I am envisioning building...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I have two precision rigs with standard receivers that shoot sub MOA so I am not sure of the advantage on a "beefed up" upper....

I think both rifles or barrels are great, the DD Recce LW50 barrel by Lothar Walther or the BCM SS410 barrel by Kreiger you cant go wrong. I just think Bravo is a great company to deal with so my next will be through them.

Photo so you know I'm not making shit up...
    Cameron, thanks for this. after all the pictures of your amazing guns, I don't think anyone here would ever accuse you of "making shit up"...

and btw, I tend to lean your way about BCM. even though the LW barrel with matched bolt looks like a good deal, I'm drawn to the BCM because of the chamber specs and the fact that it is a great all-around company...
    Last edited by ra2bach; 05-26-11 at 21:24.
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Anyone know where to buy a damn barrel?

- BravoCompany is out of stock on pretty much everything.
    - AR15Barrels is not accepting orders.
    - JTAC doesn't post any prices. Just some vague rambling about barrel makers it carries.
    - The barrel makers themselves just give you barrel profile information, 90% of which is not of the AR15 stepped style. Or charge you $100 extra for one. When 400,000 ARs were sold in '09.
    - Rainier (who I really want) is out of stock on the 'select' mid-lengths but, of course, have the almost $400 one.
    - Nordic's SS Barrel is a LW profile

1x8 would be nice too.... 16" SS, mid-length, mid-weight.

G&R actually has a nice BCM 410 stainless middy. But that too will probably be gone by the time I get my crap together...
    I will probably end up with WOA. Since they just post a price and don't claim out of stock like everyone else.
    Last edited by heavytank2; 05-28-11 at 00:38.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have been looking a spr type as well. Does anyone have any time with this DD 18" barrel?

https://danieldefense.com/cold-hamme...f-barrels.html

I dont really know if at my level of shooting I will see a difference between a SS and good CHF but I do like the increased life span of the former.
    USMC MSGT Ret. 1371

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavytank2 View Post
    Anyone know where to buy a damn barrel?
    It is a tough one.
    You just need to be patient to get the one you want.
    Sign up for a notification alert and be ready to respond when you get the email.
    I waited and waited for barrels from BCM or Rainier but got impatient and bought WOA SDM barrel (nice but I really wanted the 18.5 SPR Ultra Match Barrel).

BTW the SPR Ultra Match is in stock now and a great barrel ~ I have one in 14.5 and another build using their 18 inch 308 barrel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast