Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optics for a SOCOM

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Optics for a SOCOM

I am interested in knowing what your thoughts are on optics for a SA SOCOM. I have the standard stocked version and was thinking of putting an Eotech on it for something different. I have Aimpoints on my M4's, and wanted to try something new. I have no experiance with the .308 platform, and would like input.................................Thanks!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you're going to mount it on the barrel mount, I'd stick with the Aimpoint, it will be lower, and the Aimpoint is going to be more heat resistant I believe.

I've talked with several guys who've had issues with Eotechs not handling the heat well at all. It will also make you keep your head up for more of a chin weld.

Hope that helps.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I second that my Eotech gets hot fast on my Socom. Aimpoint would be my choice

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you put an Eothing on it, you might was well invest in a cheek rest for your stock, because your cheek weld is going to SUCK.

Stick with the Aimpoint.

If you want magnification, a few people have been please with a Trijicon TR21 1.5-4x in a reversed Larue mount.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    I'm actually shopping for an optic for my SA Scout. I was thinking of the Aimpoint H-1 or T-1. I was thinking it would mount low so cheek weld wouldn't be too much of a problem. What do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjauch View Post
    I'm actually shopping for an optic for my SA Scout. I was thinking of the Aimpoint H-1 or T-1. I was thinking it would mount low so cheek weld wouldn't be too much of a problem.

agree completely

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the info guys. I have been busy lately and have not kept up with this thread. An Aimpoint is hard to beat on anything I guess.

Cory

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If it fits I imagine an Aimpoint T1 or H1 would be nice on a SOCOM 16.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    What about the Specter Dr

Feedback Score
    The SA supplied mount is a POS. I went with an Aimpoint with low ring and Ultimak mount.

She cowitnesses in the lower third of the optic, i think a Dr. Optic would work pretty well but have not tried one yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast