Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Apex Tactical Forward Sitting Sear and Trigger Overview.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have they already been shipping out? I ordered one the first day they were available and I haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cktenders View Post
    Have they already been shipping out? I ordered one the first day they were available and I haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet...
    Hi cktenders,

Robb, Magsz and 11 others were sent pre-production kits to test installation difficulty and performance. They are the "crash test dummies" if you will. Their feedback will help me iron out the end product and tutorial video to make installation as trouble free as possible- before you receive yours in a week or so.

Magsz pointed out that installation of the trigger bar/trigger connecting pin required more attention in order to prevent damage by trying to hammer the pin in. As a result of his feedback the kit you receive should have a new pin that is inserted 3/4 the way in. That way all you need to do is insert your trigger bar and press the pin in the rest of the way.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Mags did a good review. Got my trigger kit as well and installed it on Sunday. As we all know (or should know), LOOOONG trigger pulls increase ones ability to flinch while pulling the trigger. This can be overcome by lots of training and trigger time. Most shooters don't have the time or money for either (hence why many gravitate to the 1911).

The hinged trigger on the M&P often made me feel like I was NOT pulling the trigger straight to the rear. Part of the reason for this is because I have spent so many years running 1911's (which are square to the frame and are short).

I installed the new trigger, striker block, forward sear, trigger return spring, plunger spring and S&W's new trigger bar (is red at the tip or marked with the letter "H" for those that don't know). The first dry fire was love and immediately made me think of a 1911 trigger.

Excited by the GREAT trigger feel, I went down to my range to shoot 100rds. Oh boy, was this thing fast. I was running the gun MUCH faster (and more accurately) than I have ever done before. In fact, I was running it so fast that my wife asked me what I was shooting.

The trigger did feel a little bit light to me so I measured it. Right around 2.15-3.05. Hmmm, why is it so light. Then I remembered that I had their competition striker spring in my gun. So I replaced that and measured the pull weight again. Right at 4LBS. Perfect.

Personally, I like my CCW and training guns to be between 4LBS and 5LBS. Apex has stiffer springs for those that need it over 5LBS (LE use).

My personal thought is that the average gun owner that really doesn't "tinker" with his guns and have the right tools should not install this trigger group. As mags mentioned, you can screw some stuff up (especially on the trigger pin that holds the trigger bar in place).

We look forward to these kits coming out and will offer them already INSTALLED on new guns for those that are interested.

C4

Feedback Score
    I have a few question for any the three people in the thread that have used the FSS and trigger combo.

1.) Is the safety bar similar in feel to a Glocks or is it more subtle? I don't like how much the bar on Glock trigger sticks out, it feels uncomfortable to me.

2.) (I guess this question is really only for Grant and Randy) Since I already have my gun and it sounds like the install might be out of comfort zone will either of you, Grant or Randy, be offering installation of this product if I send my gun to you? I bought the gun from G and R if that makes a difference.

Randy, it is really amazing what you have been able to turn out product wise for the m&p line. Every time I see you post I get excited. Thanks for your time and knowledge.

And thanks to Grant and Magsz for enduring what sounds to be a horrible testing experience. If you need a break from those terrible triggers just let me know.
    Die living

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Alvin,

Its not as obtrusive as the Glock safety but this is coming from a guy that is not bothered in the least by the Glock trigger safety.

My gripes with the trigger safety bar are being addressed. Randy really is committed to making the absolute best product he can offer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
    I have a few question for any the three people in the thread that have used the FSS and trigger combo.

1.) Is the safety bar similar in feel to a Glocks or is it more subtle? I don't like how much the bar on Glock trigger sticks out, it feels uncomfortable to me.
    Less IMHO. Won't even notice it.

2.) (I guess this question is really only for Grant and Randy) Since I already have my gun and it sounds like the install might be out of comfort zone will either of you, Grant or Randy, be offering installation of this product if I send my gun to you? I bought the gun from G and R if that makes a difference.
    We now have a certified M&P armorer coming in to help me in the shop so we will be offering trigger and sight installs in the near future.

Not to speak for Randy and crew, but they can do everything that your M&P needs done to it X 10.

Randy, it is really amazing what you have been able to turn out product wise for the m&p line. Every time I see you post I get excited. Thanks for your time and knowledge.
    Agree. Randy and crew has turned the M&P into a polymer gun that has a MUCH better trigger system than any other polymer gun out there.

And thanks to Grant and Magsz for enduring what sounds to be a horrible testing experience. If you need a break from those terrible triggers just let me know.
    Dude, let me tell you! My gun got so hot from all the mag dumps I was doing (and hitting what I was aiming at) that I had to set it down. The hours and ammo that this new trigger makes me want to waste is endless. It is a real burden to carry.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 05-23-11 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    2.) (I guess this question is really only for Grant and Randy) Since I already have my gun and it sounds like the install might be out of comfort zone will either of you, Grant or Randy, be offering installation of this product if I send my gun to you?

We would be happy to perform the installation. Since Grant is fully able to do the same, I suppose it boils down to what location is cheaper in terms of shipping.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Probably a dumb question, but is the RAM compatible with this kit and if it is, does it even do/add anything to the overall package? About to place a pre-order and I am not sure of I should order a RAM.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Probably a dumb question, but is the RAM compatible with this kit and if it is, does it even do/add anything to the overall package? About to place a pre-order and I am not sure of I should order a RAM.
    Can you use it? Yes (I am). Do you need it? No.

C4

Feedback Score
    Thanks Magsz, Robb and Grant for the info and pictures. Makes it a lot easier to understand whats going on with these parts.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast