Thread: Frankford Arsenal?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Frankford Arsenal?

Fellas,

My F-I-L has an older AR made by Frankford Arsenal. He was wondering if it has any nostalgic appeal to a market to where it might be worth a buck or two. I'm under the impression that it is one of those that is not old enough to make it special, but old enough to look like it might. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just saw my first Frankford Arsenal rollmark a few days ago at the range. A guy about my age (mid-30's) had a well-loved, 16" A1, no-forward-assist upper. It was his boyhood rifle that he had recently obtained from his dad.

He evidently had a lot of nostalgia towards it, FWIW. I left before he fired it so can't comment on that.

Before that, I had never heard of them.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by AMMOTECH; 05-22-11 at 19:33.
    -David

AR-15 owner/shooter since 1998

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Check gun broker for completed auctions if you're looking for recent pricing.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If it is an older one, it is probably a pre ban, A1 style non reinforced lower and would be worth some decent money on gunbroker for someone making a retro gun in a ban state.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'll see if I can get some pics of it for you guys...I'm thinking its older...