Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any other .300WM shooters lurking about?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    LOL thants funny shit
    hehehe... I subscribe to the same philosophy - I don't give a **** what you did ONCE, I want to see what you can do right NOW.

All kidding aside- how's two 1.5" 5-shot groups at 400 sound? Personally, I'm pretty okay with that. Did it do it every time, hell no, but it did do it twice.

I'm going to go out again early Sunday morning before the wind picks up and bag the gun hard and get a good Hollywood cold-bore shot and group for you guys

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Finally finished my .300wm build. Remington blueprinted stainless action, fluted bolt, Lilja 26'' 3-groove 1/10 barrel, AICS 2.0, Timney 2.5# trigger, Ops Inc muzzle brake, Badger bolt knob, Talley base, Badger medium rings, Leupold 8.5-25ER/T w/M5 turrets.

I've only had it out to the range once and I love it! All my long range experience in the Army was with .308...the .300wm is a MUCH better cartridge for long range precision shooting. With semi-autos as good as they are these days I really dont see a reason to build a precision .308 bolt gun except for cost.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    hehehe... I subscribe to the same philosophy - I don't give a **** what you did ONCE, I want to see what you can do right NOW.

All kidding aside- how's two 1.5" 5-shot groups at 400 sound? Personally, I'm pretty okay with that. Did it do it every time, hell no, but it did do it twice.

I'm going to go out again early Sunday morning before the wind picks up and bag the gun hard and get a good Hollywood cold-bore shot and group for you guys
    Sounds great I would run it over the chrno and dump the data into EXBAL (or what ever you got) and push it as far as your range allows for the cold bore shot see what you get. That sounds exciting
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    Sounds great I would run it over the chrno and dump the data into EXBAL (or what ever you got) and push it as far as your range allows for the cold bore shot see what you get. That sounds exciting
    Well, as you can imagine I got a little wrapped up Sunday morning with the Solothurn and ignored my poor little .300WM. I'm going to do what I discussed above very shortly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234