Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduced LOP for Mossberg?

Feedback Score
    Tried the 12 incher, did'nt like it, back to the 14 incher. I suppose if I was still wearing armour I would prefer the 12.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My Hogue Reduced LOP kit came in today and it mounted up beautifully. The overmolded forend was PITA to mount up, but with the help of a 17mm socket and a hammer, I was able to take the old one off and put on the new one.

Thanks for the recommendation, guys!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've also got a Hogue 12" Youth Stock on my 14" Mossberg 590A1 and love it with or without body armor, but I'm only 5'9"...

I think you've made an excellent choice!
    www.king33training.com

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2/1 SFG(A)
    ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM / DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Same stock fits Mavericks quite well also!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've noticed a lot of people keep their stock forend on their Mossbergs. Is there a specific reason, or do most people just get the kit without a new forend?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t42beal13t View Post
    I've noticed a lot of people keep their stock forend on their Mossbergs. Is there a specific reason, or do most people just get the kit without a new forend?
    The ribbed forend on short-barreled Mossbergs and Mavericks is great. It offers plenty of grip and is short enough to not interfere with sidesaddles. I believe the shorter forend also helps avoid short-stroking. The longer hunting forend sometimes has to be trimmed or replaced due to sidesaddles.

Feedback Score
    I put the 12" Hogue youth stock on my 20" 590 and it is perfect. I also added the Hogue forend on it. The combination is perfect. If it is too short you can always add a 1" Limbsaver slipon to it. It is much easier to control and bring into position. It is one of my favorite longarms to shoot now.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Update: I was getting everything to go shooting tomorrow and noticed that the new Hogue forend is actually rubbing against the barrel. It's an easy fix, I just wanted those who are mounting them on 590A1s to know that there's a bit of a clearance issue. I guess there are actually thicker barrel walls on the 590A1s.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t42beal13t View Post
    I have a 20" 590A1SPX and while I LOVE the shotgun, I hate the LOP. I'm a tall guy and still find the LOP too long. If I have my vest on, then a great shoulder weld is out of the question. I was wondering what y'all are running for reduced LOP. I don't really want to put an AR-style stock on it-those seem to make it look too tacticool, but if someone can show me a picture of one that looks great, then maybe I'll reconsider. ATI will be laughed at.
    The Hogue is a nice option, however there are other option's, such as this Mesa Tactical telescopic stock(with the enidine recoil reducing buffer)affixed to my Mossberg 590SP.

I stripped off the light and sling so you could get a good look at it. It does have one drawback, it's quite expensive, this LEO low mount kit set me back $275.00, but it is totally superior to any other telescopic stock on the market.

I broke my neck back in 2000, so I'm quite recoil sensitive, this set-up has virtually eliminated the onset of migraine's that accompanies a session with a traditionally stocked shotgun.

As you can see, it's hardly "too tacticool!"
    Last edited by Denali; 11-21-11 at 21:55.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denali View Post
    The Hogue is a nice option, however there are other option's, such as this Mesa Tactical telescopic stock(with the enidine recoil reducing buffer)affixed to my Mossberg 590SP.

I stripped off the light and sling so you could get a good look at it. It does have one drawback, it's quite expensive, this LEO low mount kit set me back $275.00, but it is totally superior to any other telescopic stock on the market.

I broke my neck back in 2000, so I'm quite recoil sensitive, this set-up has virtually eliminated the onset of migraine's that accompanies a session with a traditionally stocked shotgun.

As you can see, it's hardly "too tacticool!"
    Great looking set up! I had been drooling over the Mesa Tactical adapter but I just couldn't justify spending that much for an adapter when I could get a Hogue and a defensive shotgun class for the same price. If I could afford the class and the Mesa Tactical adapter I would definitely have it, but my priorities will not allow it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast