Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas State Guard/TMAR

Feedback Score
    The way it was explained to me, I retired as a SSgt so I would enlist as a Gunny. It's a real rank, with no pay. I was commissioned an Admiral in the Texas Navy by Rick Perry when I retired from the Marine Corps. There aren't any ships or sailors in the Texas Navy, but it's a real commission.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If any of y'all are wanting to join, I have Four Sets of ACUs size Large/Reg with the TXSG patches and tapes. Not free, but pretty close. Just PM Me.
    "...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Founding Father Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I have a question about the Texas State Guard. How does one get rank? Is the rank more like an honorary thing?
    Prior service keep their last rank. Persons with no PS usually enter at PFC unless they have a 4yr and then may become Comm. after completing BOC (Basic Officer's Course).
    "...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Founding Father Thomas Paine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12