Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we do it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W View Post
    That sounds brutal Rhino...
    I was totally bluffing! When I shoot a revolver, where the bullets go is essentially random.

Feedback Score
    I turn 41 here in a couple months, but started shooting at 18. My first competition was Cowboy Action, which I started 4 or 5 yrs ago. Did that for several years, and did NRA Smallbore Bullseye also. A couple years ago, did some NRA 3 Position Smallbore shooting and a couple of NRA Highpower matches.
    Tried 3-Gun for the first time at Blck Creek a little over a year ago, and took me 'till last Nov. to get back.
    I like both CAS and 3-Gun, but since working 2nd shift for a couple years now and working 2 jobs its hard to get to the range at all. Also had to give up NRA 3 Position Junior Marksmanship coaching. Right now, I'm really more interested in 3-Gun. It just seems more applicable to my life at this point, but I still want to do more CAS in the future.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    ........My first competition was Cowboy Action, which I started 4 or 5 yrs ago.......I still want to do more CAS in the future.
    CAS sounds great Nate. I've heard a lot of good about it: fun stages, high round count, etc. The gear is cool too. I also know some really good guys who are constantly urging me to join them. Maybe eventually.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    "We are shooters.

We are driven by something to do it better.

Maybe faster, maybe with more precision. Maybe both.

I don't know why we care, but we do.

If we were Golfers, we'd bathe in money and be toweled by hotties.

But that doesn't move us.

This does."

---Steve Anderson
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well that bit with the towel sounds pretty decent too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W View Post
    I shot the first two SSC matches - both at the Milan club.
    Ahhh Milan. I never shot there but heard about it often.
    I started shooting Highpower in 1989 in northern IL, and Milan was "on the circuit" for those that didn't miss any matches.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I found this one on the Enos forum today:

A young man, a boastful champion challenged a Zen master who was renowned for his skill as an archer. The young man demonstrated remarkable technical proficiency when he hit a distant bull's eye on his first try, and then split that arrow with his second shot. He challenged the Zen master to face him. "There," he said to the old man, "see if you can match that!" Undisturbed, the master did not draw his bow, but rather motioned for the young archer to follow him up the mountain. Curious about the old fellow's intentions, the champion followed him high into the mountain until they reached a deep chasm spanned by a rather flimsy and shaky log. Calmly stepping out onto the middle of the unsteady and precariously hanging bridge, the old master picked a far away tree as a target, drew his bow, and fired a clean, direct hit. “Now please try”, Zen Master said as he gracefully stepped back onto the safe ground. Staring with terror into the seemingly bottomless and beckoning abyss, the young man could not force himself to step out onto the log, no less shoot at a target. "You have much skill with your bow," the master said, sensing his challenger's predicament, "but you have little skill with the mind that lets loose the shot."

It reminds me of the difference between confidence and arrogance.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Those of you who arrived at the Enos Forums after my departure should probably search for "the day the pants failed." I think it's in the humor forum.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Good one Robb.

I'm still picturing that towel job though......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Those of you who arrived at the Enos Forums after my departure should probably search for "the day the pants failed." I think it's in the humor forum.
    Oh, I don't think I care to do that.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast