Thread: Eotech mount for shotgun?

Feedback Score

Eotech mount for shotgun?

Hi guys, I did a search and could not get the answer I was looking for, so sorry if this has been asked and answered.
    Does anyone know of a gunsmith, (great if in NC) that can put a mount on a Remington 870? The mount would be for an EoTech red dot. I have an older SG with 20" bbl and factory rifle sights.
    Thanks for any help!
    Jack
    Oriental, NC
    If you want God To smile, Tell him your plans....

Member, Force Recon Association
    HR 218 Certified
    Former USMC 0311/8654

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Take a look at the Burris Speedbeed for your shotgun

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-s...lex-sight.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Take a look at the Burris Speedbeed for your shotgun

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-s...lex-sight.html
    I really like the look of that. That's the ideal configuration for me, light, compact. But..

I was looking at the Trijicon RMR myself, because of its high reputation. How is the Burris with regards to reliability and expected service life? I don't think I've ever seen Burris sights on any duty weapons.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I really like my FastFires....never had any issues with them. I took a look at the Trijicons but didn't care for the dot/triangle as the color/brightness was harder for my eyes to pick up quickly.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Due to the way the EOTech is configured, it is going to end up being very high on the shotgun. You won't get anything resembling a decent cheek weld. An Aimpoint T1 would offer a lower sight line.

Rosco

Feedback Score
    I put a cheek pad on my shotgun (FNH SLP) when I put my EOTech on it....great combo. Wouldn't change a thing. That 65 MOA circle is much easier to acquire than a couple MOA dot. Used a T-1....didn't like it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Due to the way the EOTech is configured, it is going to end up being very high on the shotgun. You won't get anything resembling a decent cheek weld. An Aimpoint T1 would offer a lower sight line.
    I agree completely. Unless you found a way to mount it upside down it sits far too high
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.