Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tent size

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Like someone else said, I think it's a good idea to buy the tent that is +1 from the number of people actually staying in it.
    Not bad advice, but if you do go with a 1-person tent for solo trips, or a 2-person tent for two people, ect. then try to find one with a large vestibule

I have a Big Agnes Lynx Pass 2 for when me and my girl go backpacking for a few days...there is still room at our feet to put gear as well as a very large vestibule that can comfortably fit 1 pack and (sorta) fit 2....it also meets your color criteria...I like green colored tents as well.

Feedback Score

Tents

I usually perfer not to use a tent, to me it defeats the purpose of camping. With that said I just got back from backpacking this weekend and I used the Nemo Tenshi, by far one of the best tents I've slept in. I have about 4 or 5 different types of small tents through work. For sleeping under the stars I like to use the Iguana Pop up mosquito neting.

Feedback Score
    +1 on the +1 recommendation on capacity

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post
    low-profile and easy to pack and carry, preferably OD green in color. Second I was wondering, if I plan on using this for myself only, would yall recommend a one man
    Hilleberg "Soulo" in green. Technically a one-man tent but it has a vestibule large enough for a Winter pack and all that that entails.

If that isn't a good fit, get a green Bibler/Black Diamond "Eldorado".

Either of those will survive any weather you'll encounter on this planet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123