Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Hiking Shoes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AOTAC View Post
    Salomons are great if you have narrow feet. Hear the Ultra 3 and 4 may offer Wide sizes. Same goes for Asolo.

I've used Brooks Cascadia and Keens. They were both very comfortable for wider feet.

Know the post is old but anyone know some US Made hiking shoes? (keen does but they're work models from what I've heard. Danner used to but they're offshoring production for the shoes I looked at)
    I have wider than normal Barney Rubble feet. I am almost exclusively Salomon and New Balance now. It’s about all that fits me properly. I found the Salomons to have an excellent toe box for me. I have no less than 10 pairs of different model Salomans on the shelf now.

I have to politely disagree on the statement about narrow feet. YMMV.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've become a big fan of Danner boots. I have a pair of Danner's Gavre boots. Thought they would be bulky and uncomfortable, but they fit good, feel good and have been a good tough pair of boots for me. Been using them up in the rocky parts of the mountains around here and they are holding up great so far. Unfortunately they don't make them any longer, but I am searching Ebay and other sites to hopefully come up with another back up pair for the future.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    I picked up some Oboz boots and love them so far.
    Well see how they hold up but they fit my foot way better than keens or Solomons.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Well see how they hold up but they fit my foot way better than keens or Solomons.
    I am midway through a pair of Bridger Mids. I love them. I will buy them again.

I have had Danner (Acadia for EMS work, and older version of the Mountain Light for hiking, in both cases they were built well, but a tad narrow for me... with each pair I could only wear one pair of a specific sock or else they'd be a bit cramped), Scarpa Kailash (excellent boot, again a bit narrow), La Sportiva Nucleo (wore them out).

I also have a pair of Salomon XA Forces MID GTX I really like. To me they are 'light' hiker and 'assault' boot. They took a bit to break in, but now they are pretty good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a pair of Oboz that are slightly insulated for spring and fall Alaska use. They fit great and have me wanting to try other versions of them.

Feedback Score
    Merrell Moabs for me too.

Tried others, but they were not comfy in the long run or wore out too fast.

For the money, Moabs are hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I bought a pair of Bridger mids last November and they've held up across an insane temperature range. In February temperatures hit -2 here (-25 windchill) and I took them out for the day to a local wildlife refuge and hiked for several hours with no discomfort. Last weekend I took them up Mt Sneffels in CO over a 13 mile hike and the temps ranged from 55-90, again with no discomfort. I also have the Bozeman low leathers, Sypes mids, and Sypes lows. After wearing Salomon and Merrell for years I won't go back.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I have the Bridger mid b-dry boots.

I've been using them a bit. Only complaint is they slip on wet moss, but I don't know if that can be avoided.

Very comfortable, they feel great to jog in (athletic feel), a d grip everything else well.

They are holding up great so far.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    All the hippy materials aside these are probably the finest hikers Ive used, and Ive killed MOABs and Salomon XA mids.

https://www.naglev.com/product-men

Last edited by vicious_cb; 08-11-22 at 14:58.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Looks like Naglev finally delivered on what everyone was asking for: a combat boot version of their unico hikers.

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/10/1...t-desert-boot/
    https://www.naglev.com/product/unico_combat_desert/
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast