Thread: CMMG 22lr Conversion Kit

Feedback Score

CMMG 22lr Conversion Kit

I purchased (and pissed off the wife) my first AR two weeks ago, an Armalite. I went to the range this past weekend and had a blast shooting it. I also realized that this is going to get expensive. One of the guys at the range and an M&P 22lr AR and said he loves it. I told him I would end up divorced if I bought another gun. He suggested I get a conversion kit. I've been researching it all week and based off if the post and reviews I've read people either love them or hate them. I'm fine with that but some post say that you will damage your barrel and gun overall using one. So my question is what's the real deal with this? It would be nice to just have one gun for now but still be able to shoot it whenever I want. I won't be able to do that shooting 556/223. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    I'm also interested in this. Hopefully someone on here has some insight.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=21306 I found it with the... wait for it... Search button! There are a lot more threads, just type in CMMG 22lr in the search and a crap ton pop up. Have fun with your new AR!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A conversion kit is not going to hurt your barrel.
    Of course you have guys that will shoot 1000 rounds through it without cleaning or blowing out the gas tube, then complain how it clogged the gas port.
    Common sense will keep you going.
    I shoot 500 rounds, pull the bolt, pull a Boresnake through it a couple times while the barrel is warm, put the 5.56 BCG in and fire 5 rounds of 5.56.
    When I get home I clean it properly, just like I would if I were firing 5.56.
    I have 3 CMMG kits and have never had issues with my 5.56 uppers I use them in.
    Dave
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    Agreed I have the CMMG kit as well -for cheap practice you can't beat it, it all about trigger time the more you get the better shot your going to be! Best thing is she will only see the same gun!