Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger's New 25-Round 10-22 Magazine

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Ruger's New 25-Round 10-22 Magazine

FYI

You may have seen the ads but Ruger, finally after 47-years, came out with a Factory 25-Round Magazine (BX-25) for their 10-22.
    I saw a dealer (a friend) with a few of them at a gun show last weekend and he was getting $25 for them.

Some guy came by his table and was chapped when he saw my buddy's mags for $25 because he said he paid $40 the week before.
    My buddy said he thought the mags will probably level off around $20 when they start getting out.

Just didn't want anyone to get gouged...

I've never tried the 25-round mags because I always heard they failed.

Has anyone tried this new Ruger mag yet?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I haven't tried them yet, but one of my training partners got two this week and said they actually work as they should.

Feedback Score
    Just picked one up yesterday to try. I'm hearing the same thing from others (they work). Another bonus, unlike other 10/22 mags these are designed to be taken apart & cleaned by the user and include instructions on how to do so.

This would have never happened if Bill Ruger was still alive. Bill Ruger did not believe there was any reason for civilians to own magazines with a capacity beyond 15 rounds. He did support the Clinton-era magazine ban but thought it should be 15 not 10, exempting all Ruger factory mags intended for civilian sale.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Confed-rifleman View Post
    Just picked one up yesterday to try. I'm hearing the same thing from others (they work). Another bonus, unlike other 10/22 mags these are designed to be taken apart & cleaned by the user and include instructions on how to do so.

This would have never happened if Bill Ruger was still alive. Bill Ruger did not believe there was any reason for civilians to own magazines with a capacity beyond 15 rounds. He did support the Clinton-era magazine ban but thought it should be 15 not 10, exempting all Ruger factory mags intended for civilian sale.
    =====================================

There is a lot that has happened at Ruger in the last few years that probably has him doing backflips in the grave...

Feedback Score
    If I could buy these for $25, I'd be snatching them up pronto. I think the "level off at $20" is a pipe dream. The market has been longing for for these with a deep dark longing usually confined to drug store romances, and they will sell by the quadrillions at anything shy of $40.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've never tried the 25-round mags because I always heard they failed.
    I've had very few problems with the el cheapo Butler Creek Hotlips 25rd mags (I've got a bunch of them and the Butler Creek crank loader, which is awesome)

These Ruger mags look quite similar to the Tactical Innovation's polymer models (including the ability to be taken apart).

I'm glad Ruger has seen the light and producing one of the first accessories many 10/22 owners seek from aftermarket sources.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Confed-rifleman View Post

Instructions included on dis-assembly and assembly? Hard to believe we have come to that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Agree the 25rd mags sound interesting.

Prior to these coming out, for some years a lot of 10-22 users have liked the Tactical Innovations hi-cap mags for their quality and reliability. I'm in that camp as well. They have both machined aluminum mags (these are quite expensive--but good), and then a polymer version which still has the adjustable steel lips. These sell for around $35. I've had such good success with an estimated 5K rounds through the hi-cap polymer TI mags, that I'll probably stick with these until or unless I hear a large accumulated set of great feedback on the Ruger mags.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/mags-load...cmeoh9e5ghig52

Feedback Score
    While on vacation I happend into a shop back east that had these mags ($26/per). I picked up two, but was unable to try them until I got home. I ran over to the range this afternoon and put a 100 rounds through both of them without any issues. I am very pleased. My experience with hi-cap mags (Butler creeks steel lip and non) is that they run fairly well until they start loading up with bullet wax/fouling/crud and then there reliability starts rapidly going down hill (I have no experience with the TacSol mags). I am glad that Ruger made these to take-a-part. With my limited experience they seem good to go.

Feedback Score
    I have two, with about 1500 rounds through them with no malfunctions.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast