Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger's New 25-Round 10-22 Magazine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Confed-rifleman View Post
    Bill Ruger did not believe there was any reason for civilians to own magazines with a capacity beyond 15 rounds.
    No.

He believed that if he embraced the idea of a magazine limit, they would leave his guns alone in regards to the "assault weapons" bans that were gaining momentum at the time.

In California, the detachable magazine Mini 14 is still legal for sale, while AR15's, HK93's, and other virtually identical functioning guns are not, so he wasn't completely wrong.

Bill Ruger may have been self serving when it came to protecting his company's products, but attempts to spin him as somehow personally "anti gun" are off base.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Unfortunatly I spent 30 bucks on mine but it is well worth the money.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 of the Ruger mags on the way from 44mag. When I go on vacation in a few days we will give them a good workout.
    I'd never heard of the Tactical Innovations mags and may try those as well.
    The ability to disassemble for cleaning is great. I have a bunch of gunked up Butler Creek mags that I'd might as well pitch. As you know bulk ammo is bigtime dirty.
    Last edited by M2AP; 07-26-11 at 07:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think I JUST saw these mags on sale at CDNN for $19.99, sale ended yesterday at noon, iirc.
    My favorite gunshop for years has had a box full of clear, 25rnd mags
    at the checkout counter for $9.99. They even attach to each other for a total of 50 rnds. I have about 10 or so,and they are 100% reliable in both my rifles.
    Personally, the Ruger mags dont excite me too much because of these mags I already own.
    UPDATE: I just checked the CDNN site, and these Ruger mags are on sale now for $22.95, limit two.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 07-26-11 at 13:49.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Straight Shooter;1057236]Personally, the Ruger mags dont excite me too much because of these mags I already own.
    QUOTE]

The clear ones often work for a while but, over time, fill up with carbon and wax from the .22lr rounds. At that point they seem to start hickuping until they eventually start having multiple problems for each mag loading. The Ruger's can be taken apart and cleaned/serviced. For those of us that shoot a lot of .22, there in lies the appeal.
    Last edited by LonghunterCO; 07-26-11 at 19:20.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    UPDATE: I just checked the CDNN site, and these Ruger mags are on sale now for $22.95, limit two.
    thats a good price, too bad theres the $8 shipping on top of it though, otherwise I would have just gotten a mag.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know some brands do clog up. and dont last long.
    I looked at mine awhile ago, Shooters Choice is the brand.
    The two I use out of my stash have held up nicely tho.
    As an aside, I ve got 4 of the 10rnd box mags that are over
    4 decades old apiece, have had tens upon tens upon tens of thousands of rounds ran thru them, and I have cleaned them a few
    times thru the years. They were a brilliant design, imo.
    I like the Shooters Choice mags, they can be "jungle clipped" together.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

MidwayUSA is putting the Ruger BX-25 on sale for a month for $21.99. LINK

Last edited by ucrt; 07-26-11 at 22:43.

Feedback Score
    Since Ruger has come out with these. I wonder if the "others" will come down in price to get back the market share that will be going to Ruger's mag now. I for one plan on getting at least 3 of these for my Ruger. I was planning on getting the TI's but heck the cheapest I have found them for was 34 bucks not sure i want to spend that kind of money on a lead thrower. If my Ruger was not stock and i shot it more then I do know maybe. But I am getting the rugers instead. Plus I can paint them to match my Rugers new color scheme.
    WFD
    EMR
    FF

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    thats a good price, too bad theres the $8 shipping on top of it though, otherwise I would have just gotten a mag.
    funny you should complain of this. Midway charges $5, but then adds on another $3 for an "under $25" order. Not THAT big a deal, when you are trying out something of this nature, ya think?

ETA: HA! Once I went to process Midway, S&H jumped to $9+, PLUS the $3. So $8 is a Good Deal in comparison. Just ordered from CDNN
    Last edited by carbinero; 07-28-11 at 10:12.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast