Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your ideal folder?

Feedback Score
    I just got a Spyderco Assist and I like it a lot. It's able to do everything that I need a knife to do and it fits my hand well.

I look forward to using it more...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Rob, you might want to contact Steve Rice over on the Bladeforums website. He has his own subforum, and does excellent work on knives. He is authorized by Ernie Emerson to install a Wave on a knife, and is also authorized by Sal Glesser to put a Spyderhole onto a blade.

He could take your BM, shorten the blade, and install a Wave on it.

One mod he does that is very nice is to remove one side of the knife, along with the linerlock, and convert it into a titanium framelock. I have a Spyderco carbon-fiber Military with the BG-42 blade, and he's going to do that mod for me.

I agree with your choice on the 806. I have an 806SD2, and it's one of my favorites.

Best of luck to you.

Feedback Score
    I have had a lot of folders...I tend to loose them.

At this point I have a whole bunch of Benchmade 551 Griptilian (http://www.benchmade.com/products/pr...aspx?model=551) stashed in all my bags, web-gear, pockets, etc...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I have had a lot of folders...I tend to loose them.

At this point I have a whole bunch of Benchmade 551 Griptilian (http://www.benchmade.com/products/pr...aspx?model=551) stashed in all my bags, web-gear, pockets, etc...
    Same here. I like the 551's, as they are cheap enough that 'temporarily misplacing' them isn't to hard on the pocket, and they are durable enough to last a while.

Feedback Score
    #9 Something I would not cry about it I had to ditch it or leave it.
    Avatar = Comparison between standard and high capacity clips.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The one thing that I hate is the metal CLIP!

I loved the original spiderco endura polymer clip. I always rub up against and scratch my patrol car and pick up truck with the metal clips.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    The one thing that I hate is the metal CLIP!

I loved the original spiderco endura polymer clip. I always rub up against and scratch my patrol car and pick up truck with the metal clips.
    I'm with you on that. I tend to snag my knife on seat belts, door frames, nylon straps from time to time and bend the hell out of the clip, making it unusable. Polymer will either be unaffected or snap, but it's better than having a slight bend.

I've got a couple knives I need to send back to Benchmade.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I sold Spyderco knives back when they came with the plastic clip. It was crap. We constantly had returns for the damn thing breaking off. I think they finally switched to metal, even though it probably cost them more up front, because they were constantly replacing them.

If you have a problem scratching things on the metal clip, either watch where you're going , lose weight , or dip the clip in this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I sold Spyderco knives back when they came with the plastic clip. It was crap. We constantly had returns for the damn thing breaking off. I think they finally switched to metal, even though it probably cost them more up front, because they were constantly replacing them.

If you have a problem scratching things on the metal clip, either watch where you're going , lose weight , or dip the clip in this.
    I like plastic clips for the same reason I like PMAGs - if it doesn't have a catastrophic failure, it's probably unscathed. It's like feedlips on a mag; I can drop a USGI mag and bend them out of shape, or drop a PMAG and have them be perfect or snapped off - no middle ground. If I can get a polymer that has equal or better strength than the aluminum or steel they use, I'll take plastic any day.

Maybe I can convince Richard to get into the knife market.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think the dumbies who broke off the clip should watch where they're going!

I carried mine for years without breaking it off. I still have it. I just never get around to having the blade sharpened.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast