Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DPMS?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

DPMS?

Ok, I know about their 5.56mm rifles..........have they improved QC and all that for their .308 rifles?

Any experiences, either good or bad with them?
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    Ok, I know about their 5.56mm rifles..........have they improved QC and all that for their .308 rifles?

Any experiences, either good or bad with them?

DPMS LR308s and AP4s are very reliable, very accurate and very well made. And they're a lot cheaper than Armalite. They use mags that cost about $40 ea. and are compatible with KAC SR-25 mags.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Even though they are getting alot of credit as of late, I still think they deserve even more.

I've always been skeptical of DPMS, but I'm planning on a DPMS 308 build when I get some other things out of the way.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I would specifically try to get one of their forged pieces. The original ones were made from extruded parts and I've become leary of extruded and cast AR parts.

They certainly represent a very good value in the .308 AR market, and since there doesn't need to be a reverse compatibilty with other AR's there is no DPMS ---> "Milspec" worries; which is what they were notorious for in the past.

Feedback Score
    I shot my brother's DPMS .308 about a week ago. The first time he had tried it (several weeks prior), he had used Igman ammo, and there were malfunctions. While shooting with me, he had South African, and the gun functioned fine. Groups of about 1.25" at 50 yards with an EOTech. A gun dealer was shooting with us (he sells a lot of DPMS, including this particular gun) and he mentioned that he has heard many reports of good accuracy.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    "TOS" has a thread in AR Variants about a LR-260 with some problems, I will update here as the resolution from DPMS comes to light.

HTH...

Feedback Score
    I own two DPMS LR rifles...18" and a 24" SS that I haven't shot...the 18" is amazingly accurate for a gas operated rifle. As accurate or better than my bolt action rifles.

Feedback Score
    I've seen the DPMS mags for as little as $25. I'm not in the market for a .308 now though...

TS
    Haji don't surf!
    I Buy C Products Magazines

AR15Armory.com

Feedback Score
    yeah, mags are more $25.00

I have an M4gy .308. I only have a few hundred rounds through it (500 / 600) runs great. I have only shot Austrian and South African. I shot last week at 422yrds on steel. Surp ammo. 9 MOA up. Boom ....ding.

Works for me.

Feedback Score
    I had a chance last year to pick up a DPMS M4 308 for 700.00 but I passed.
    Sad, that it takes someone else to tell you your life is worth protecting and that you are the one ultimately responsible for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast