Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul CTR

Feedback Score

Magpul CTR

Maybe someone can help me here.
    I see no advantage to the Magpul CTR buttstock over the 6 position M4 buttstock, other than it says Magpul on it.
    I have ordered/received a CTR and prefer the stock 6 position M4 buttstock.
    Anyone?
    From there to here,
    from here to there,
    funny things
    are everywhere.

Feedback Score
    I really like my CTR's. They lock up solid with no wiggle whatsoever.

Now I can''t wait for the UBR to come out.

Feedback Score
    ditto- the CTR locks up solid. I have a beard from time to time and the M4 stock occasionally rips a hair out. I haven't measured, but I'm thinking the CTR makes for a shorter collapsed OAL too. Maybe it just looks that way.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    One more for the solid lockup and no rattle.

Feedback Score
    You have no idea what you are missing out on.

I must agree with the others... you have to shoulder one of these to believe it!!!

Having said that, this stock may not be for you, true enough. But you won't know until you shoulder it. It is amazing. I have one on my 16" and my SBR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't knock it until you try it. I felt the same way until I got to fondle someone else's CTR-equipped AR. I love the fact that the stock locks up without any wiggling or rattling whatsoever. Makes for a very stable cheekweld. YMMV.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score

I like my CTR better than my original M4 stock on my LMT carbine, the CTR is rock solid, my LMT M4 stock was tight but had a slight movement.

When I got my CTR my dealer sent me the wrong model, I got the commercial CTR model which have a bigger tube hole diameter but it still fits tight on my mil size tube, my dealer sent me the correct mil model and I didn't notice any difference, they were both very solid.
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinski View Post
    I really like my CTR's. They lock up solid with no wiggle whatsoever.

Now I can''t wait for the UBR to come out.

They are both nice stocks in their own realm. Not all stocks are going to make everyone happy, and its nice that there is a wealth of choices out there for people to gear up the way they want.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    Don't knock it until you try it. I felt the same way until I got to fondle someone else's CTR-equipped AR. I love the fact that the stock locks up without any wiggling or rattling whatsoever. Makes for a very stable cheekweld. YMMV.
    Guys, he has tried it. He's made that very clear.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    I love mine, as all said, rock solid, no rattle, very stable and comfortable, but maybe not for you!
    A stupid question, did you order the right one for your tube?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast