Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sweetest shooting 9mm?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Patrick Sweeney calls the new P30 the smoothest shooting 9mm he's shot. Including +P+ loads.

Feedback Score
    From the original list I'd have to choose the G19. The 1911 9mm is much better IMHO, but not typically right from the box. I've a pre-70 Colt Commander, straight out of the box, that runs seemingly endlessly. A new 5" S/S loaded Springfield didn't fare as well. The Springfield was a constant pain in the ass from feeding, extraction, ejection, sharp edges. After considerable adjustment, it's now a very reliable, comfortable shooter that is a keeper. A friend of mine acquired an identical Springfield for his wife and it ran like my Commander.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Re: slide mounted safeties, I use mine strictly as decockers. I load the pistol, thumb the lever down to decock and immediately back up to the ready position. Then the wepon is holstered. I don't need a safety. That's what the heavy, long, DA pull on the first shot is for.

I have heard that the .mil teaches to keep the lever down when the weapon is holstered. That makes zero sense.

Feedback Score
    Never tried a Sig 226, have to put it on my list.

An old 1911 Colt in 9mm with the sweetest trigger I ever felt would have to be #1 in my limited experience book.

#2 is this P7M8.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234