Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Daniel defense rifle and rear sight alignment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    For some reason it seems to me that alot of the DD rear sights I have seen(and mine on my DDM4) all seem to like to be over about there to the left. Has anybody else noticed this? I dont remember any of the Troy's I have used having to go that far to the left.
    My DDXV rear fixed site was also like that after zeroing.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    thanks guys for the help on here...
    "People talk 45. shoot 9mm and carry 38." Jeff Cooper
    now it would be - "People talk G19, Shoot G34 and Carry G43"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Both of my ARs do that. One has free float rail with flip up front sight, the other has FSB. It bugs me to look at, but both are zeroed, so it's fine.
    NevadaGunOwners.com | Reno4x4.com | GOA Life Member

Feedback Score
    All of this has to do with each and everyones different "site picture." If you naturally put your eye further to the right then your rear site will need to be pushed to the right, and to the left if it is to the left. It all has to do with site picture. Everyone has a different one, which is why noones is the same. That is why you have to zero in the first place...

Feedback Score
    Last edited by ONEmanWOLFpack; 07-10-11 at 08:18. Reason: Double post

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEmanWOLFpack View Post
    All of this has to do with each and everyones different "site picture." If you naturally put your eye further to the right then your rear site will need to be pushed to the right, and to the left if it is to the left. It all has to do with site picture. Everyone has a different one, which is why noones is the same. That is why you have to zero in the first place...
    WTF are you talking about? I have NEVER heard that before. That would mean that EVERY gun would have to be re-zero'd for EVERY shooter and that simply isnt the case.

Feedback Score
    WTF are you talking about? I have NEVER heard that before. That would mean that EVERY gun would have to be re-zero'd for EVERY shooter and that simply isnt the case.
    This is the case for irons. This is from 12 yrs experience in the Army. This may not be true for close up shots to "be on paper," but for shots further out it is very much true.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEmanWOLFpack View Post
    This is the case for irons. This is from 12 yrs experience in the Army. This may not be true for close up shots to "be on paper," but for shots further out it is very much true.
    I have just NEVER heard of this. I hope one of our SME reads this thread and comments. To me, it doesnt sound plausible at all because as long as you know what sight picture to look for you simply shift your head around slightly until you get that sight picture. You dont just throw your head on there and accept what you get and then move the sights around to tailor to you.

Feedback Score
    I have just NEVER heard of this. I hope one of our SME reads this thread and comments. To me, it doesnt sound plausible at all because as long as you know what sight picture to look for you simply shift your head around slightly until you get that sight picture. You dont just throw your head on there and accept what you get and then move the sights around to tailor to you.
    This makes sense, but after 12 years of military experience, I have been issued mulitple weapons and everytime, just like every other Soldier, have had to rezero a weapon. It is standard practice to zero pior to doing a qualify range. The majority of the time, if you have not previously zeroed the weapon, you need to make site adjustments. The Army standard is we shoot at a 25m target which is shrunk down to look like a 300m siloette. We are supposed to be able to zero in 9 rounds. Shoot 3, then assume another good site picture, shoot 3 more, then make adjustments (left, right, up, down), then shoot the final 3. Those final 3 should be dead center mass.

Feedback Score
    Looks fine to me OP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12