Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bipod recommendation

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm still using a GRIP POD as my primary BiPod. Still have not found a bipod that meets the low profile requirement I'm looking for better than it does. I know what I want, but need someone like KDavis to actualy prove if it will/will not work from the production stand point on my VIS3 and VIS2A recievers. Same basic concept should work with other rails.

Preety sure that it can be done, but would likely require replacing or modifing the Lower VIS Handguard assembly. The ModPod is close, but not quite it. I think it can also be done in another direction, but again I'm no designer.

Bobro makes another option also.

Bi-pod Type 3- BLAC | Item No: BPS-3
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    I think the perfect low profile bipod would the type that was on the FAL, just adapted to fit 1913 spec FF rail. so it would blend in like it does on a FAL.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sshhhhh
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    I wanted to get a bipod but thought the ubiquitous Harris ones were just too big and heavy for what I needed. I wanted simple, light and compact and happened upon the Atlas. Highly recommended; very compact, very well made, and easy to adjust with the quick release everything to extend\move the legs, even one-handed. Plus you have a ton of position options.

On the spreading edge of the butter knife
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    My Harris bipod on a Larue QD mount sits too close to the VFG...
    That's what QD mounts and index clips are for. I have a FUG and a Harris on a Larue QD for exactly this reason. Having a grip AND a bipod just seems waaaay too busy for me.

You really only need one at a time and having both compromises the weapon handling when the grip is being used, IMHO.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Ok, i am going to attempt this. I'm currently using two differant bipods, a Gripod and a Harris on a Larue base. My prefered bipod is the GripPod for general purpose use.

I prefer the GP mainly because it is lower profile and less likely to snag during such things as CASEVAC, ect. The Harris is no doubt a better precision bipod, but I hate to carry it around on the rifle all day with the legs sticking out.

Most soldiers don't have the extra real esate on their vests to take the bipod off and carry it, so they might end up leaving the bipod at the COB like this Marine appairs to have done.

Thus what I want MY bipod to do is provide a low profile solution similure in concept to the old H&K, FAL, ect bipods, but updated for use on a free floated rail system. Tucked neatly between the rails while patroling, but able to quickly be employed if needed. I'd like it to pan and tilt at least a little and I'd like it to have adjustable legs. Light is another bonus.

I have a few ideals for how it might work, but realy need someone that can do CAD to nail it down, because I also often come up with issues about how it's intergrated. That's the bipod I'm waiting to buy. Until then I'll make do with what I have
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    I would strongly suggest the ATLAS, i had a harris, but after getting the ATLAS i don't ever see going back to one. the v8's are extremely nice and depending on the mounting option you get only take about 1-1/2 to 2-1/12 inches of rail. i got the dual screw attach one and it only takes about 2 inches of rail, it's pretty compact and is easier to load while shooting. but thats just my $.02

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Harris bipod

Harris makes some of the best pods on the market, they are rugged, easy to use and maintenance free (just a quick brush off and lightly WD40'd)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFreeOrDie2111 View Post
    Harris makes some of the best pods on the market, they are rugged, easy to use and maintenance free (just a quick brush off and lightly WD40'd)
    ...and untouchable for the price. No doubt Atlas is great, as would be all these options mentioned, but if you see the value in having a bipod, why not just get a Harris and deal with the inconvenience, at least until the bipod of your dreams comes to market. Just 2 cents.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    I looked at the Atlas for the LMT MWS but in the end the cost was hard to justify. I already had a harris on a rifle I wanted to sell. I ended up getting a Larue QD mount for the Harris bipod and am happy with that setup.
    Last edited by duece71; 06-14-11 at 19:52. Reason: Grammar and Clarification

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast