Thread: M4-Version 4.0

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

M4-Version 4.0

Finally got to shoot in the dark last night with my new AN/PVS-14D and the latest version of my M4 carbine. Most of the stuff here will be going on a new 6.8 upper that has not arrived yet but it was fun to try out the new gear. Then this carbine will be totally changed as well. It never ends.

The PVS-14 is a hand select of the new single battery model with 73lp and a signal/noise of almost 30. It is very clear with only one blem at about 9 o'clock. I took the best specs instead of blem free and it doesn't bother me a bit. Yet another LT mount which is great but non-adjustible for height. (play "count the LT products" on this thing) This is the high mount. Since I much prefer EoTechs to Aimpoints, the low mount is needed and is on the way. I know that you guys that use NV for "real" do not mount it on your weapon and I fully understand why but for me and my needs, it works great. Besides, is it just me or is a helmet the piece of gear that pushes the civilian from "really into gear and shooting" to "better keep a close eye on him" status.

The Gemtech did a great job of both suppressing the sound last night and more importantly acting like a flash hider for the -14. The DBAL is just flat wicked with awesome power. The range is just over 650 yards long and the illuminator lit up everything we hit like the sun. I tried to take pics through the NV but they didn't work out this time.

This is a great set up; reliable and accurate. Big draw back is weight but luckily I never have to carry it far or for long. And then as my friend pointed out last night, there is the cost. I've done it piecemeal so I never really thought about it but my little SP-1 folder that I bought years ago for $400 is nearly $20k as you see it (counting the RDIAS of course) Yikes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice shooter!

Now, gay question time- what color is the BFG sling? Foliage Green??

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You suck Cohiba....
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    Nice shooter!

Now, gay question time- what color is the BFG sling? Foliage Green??

Yes, the BFG/Vickers sling is Foliage Green. Best sling I have ever used.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What are they selling for now? Hopefully $40 or so, right?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...