Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's a good 3Gun Muzzle Bake or Comp?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I like the SJC Titan comp designed by Eric Lund. It works great.
    Watch the lack of muzzle movement when I shoot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI8GgHGnDlQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jqSn5LEcwo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlLvl-yrRVo

This is the rifle in the videos above.

I also have it on my Larue Stealth precision set up.
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 06-08-11 at 21:17.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I like the SJC Titan comp designed by Eric Lund. It works great.
    Watch the lack of muzzle movement when I shoot.
    Holy crap, I should have caught it was the muzzle brake. Here I am thinking these dudes just have super strength and some super enhanced battle stance or something. I mean, I knew it wasn't that, but I honestly didn't think it would have made that much difference. I can't wait to see how this Miculek does. I will try and have videos and pictures to compare to the Titan. I may just have to get my buddy to buy a surefire or titan so I can try them too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    JP is another well liked comp.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.3_tre.php
    C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
    83-85

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like the Triangle Shooting Sports rolling thunder comp from Brownells because you can "tune" it to force mote gas up and either left or right away from your support hand.

Feedback Score

Range Report

Yeah, so hit the range, but impatient me; I shot a different grain than normal. I have been wanting to try something new and I should have waited till next week. Well, I shot a 62 grain soft point.

So the Miculek is freakin loud. The concussion blast was knocking my buddy off target while he was scoped in on the lane next to me.

The kick is little to none, and the muzzle rise isn't noticeable if there is any at all. On the bench and freehand.

I can't say much for anything else due to the fact I did terrible. Embarrassing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snipekon View Post
    Yeah, so hit the range, but impatient me; I shot a different grain than normal. I have been wanting to try something new and I should have waited till next week. Well, I shot a 62 grain soft point.

So the Miculek is freakin loud. The concussion blast was knocking my buddy off target while he was scoped in on the lane next to me.

The kick is little to none, and the muzzle rise isn't noticeable if there is any at all. On the bench and freehand.

I can't say much for anything else due to the fact I did terrible. Embarrassing.
    U think the miculek is loud? Wait until you shoot the rolling thunder or Titan in an enclosed area! There is a reason why they work so well.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! Now I know never too shoot those inside. I wouldn't even shoot this one inside! Glad I have an outdoor range! Besides the 90-100 degree heat! Good thing for shade.

Feedback Score
    ha, I went to an indoor range yesterday because it's the most convenient one..

the RO tried to put me next to a guy with a bolt action that was obviously trying to dial in a scope...

I told him "that guy is NOT going to be happy with me next to him" and to please put me over a stall or 2

Was testing a few uppers with varying comps, Titan, MSTN, Nordic Tactical.

I hate shooting a comp indoors off a bench and only do it if I have no other choice due to time...
    Charles Coker

Disclosure statement:
    Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
    Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
    Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

Feedback Score
    The Rolling Thunder comp has a a lot of fans - and rightly so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly neal View Post
    The Rolling Thunder comp has a a lot of fans - and rightly so.
    Well when ever I build a stainless steel AR I will probably check that one out.

For now, I'm going to start looking into training and some matches to see if the Miculek is good enough. Then I will look into the SF, JP, Titan, Rolling Thunder, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast