Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Call to North Carolina Shooters. Help?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

A Call to North Carolina Shooters. Help?

I'm planning on building my next AR but I would love to shoot a couple different variations before making the jump. You don't want me spending a ton of money on something that doesn't work for me, do ya? I know this is a huge request, but I would really appreciate it if we could get together sometime and put a few rounds down range. I can pay for ammunition and beers afterwards :thumbs up:

Don't get me wrong, I've read hundreds of threads about which barrel length, gas system, etc etc but how many of you buy cars without test driving them first? I want to handle different variations to get a feel for what seems right. I used to have a 20" NM A2 so a M4 is going to be so different!

I would love to see how the SOPMOD stocks run compared to a ACS if possible.

Also, I have a KAC carbine rail (thanks, Belmont!) and I want to feel out a carbine length AR compared to a midlength to see if I'll be fine building up from the KAC URX (I have the parts, might as well use it!).

And looking through a Aimpoint would be amazing!

Again, I know it's a huge request, but I would love if I could meet up for some range time. I am between Winston Salem and Raleigh all the time, but I would travel if you could accommodate me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a lot of guns, and access to great ranges in the greater Bragg/SO Pines area.

Granted you called me a troll on another forum, said I was a paid employee of a shop that was getting bashed, and called some of my friends liars and cheats even though you don't know them...but I am still willing to help you out if possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    I have a lot of guns, and access to great ranges in the greater Bragg/SO Pines area.

Granted you called me a troll on another forum, said I was a paid employee of a shop that was getting bashed, and called some of my friends liars and cheats even though you don't know them...but I am still willing to help you out if possible.
    We should get together some time. I am on the Carthage/Vass border. I have zero ARs currently, but I do have my M&P and tons of 9mm. I also can't recall ever calling you names... to your online face anyway

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shred4Him View Post
    We should get together some time. I am on the Carthage/Vass border. I have zero ARs currently, but I do have my M&P and tons of 9mm. I also can't recall ever calling you names... to your online face anyway
    M4C family shoot?

Shred, I have family in Vass. What a nice place.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shred4Him View Post
    I'm at Trigger Time a LOT...too easy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t42beal13t View Post
    M4C family shoot?

Shred, I have family in Vass. What a nice place.
    We like the school for the kids, but it is tiny and very sleepy. It is also easy access for the IT job I will be starting on Bragg in July.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    I'm at Trigger Time a LOT...too easy
    Where is Trigger Time? I tend to shoot on properties owned by friends. Saves money.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm in Wilkesboro, and have most of the components you mentioned. If you have a good place to shoot i'm cool with this.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm in upstate sc, but will travel for beverage... or free... seriously, I'd love to help.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Also, I'll suggest to a mod that this thread be moved... it'll help.
    Acta Non Verba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast