Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio members

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

San Antonio members

Looking for some local like minded folks interested in training, range trips, weapon build conversation, ect. Can't seem to find too many here in San Antonio.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well I'm here!!!! Also the best shop in town for our kind of stuff is Alamo Tactical. I have shot matches with Chris (the owner) and he is a cool guy. Good prices on gear as well.

We'll see what we can set up re: range stuff....

-Dale

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Oh yeah, been over there a few times just far as hell from where i'm at (1604 and potranco) I usually do my shooting at bullet hole, weekdays ONLY!!!! That place is ridiculous on the weekends. I have been wanting to get into competition shooting as well as some carbine training classes in order to be more proficient just wasn't sure of any reputable courses here locally.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm out in Boerne.....work pretty close to SA international airport....I used to do the bullet hole pistol league, but now it's only on Saturdays from 1-7....you used to be able to shoot it on Thursdays and Fridays as well starting at 1pm....I'd go during my lunch.

I am hoping the next time MAST has a class in Houston, that I'll be able to go there for it
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=81655

Hopefully once the new FBI range is built, we'll see some courses come to SA http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/...nge-791250.php

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well, good news is Alamo Tac is moving out to 1604 & I-10 area in a couple of months (I live up in that area as well). He's also trying to see about a facility for more realistic shooting because sadly the ranges around here suck the huge one.......

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by infidelprodigy View Post
    Well, good news is Alamo Tac is moving out to 1604 & I-10 area in a couple of months (I live up in that area as well). He's also trying to see about a facility for more realistic shooting because sadly the ranges around here suck the huge one.......
    Very cool......and yes...the majority of ranges around here suck the big fat chorizo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adh View Post
    Very cool......and yes...the majority of ranges around here suck the big fat chorizo
    Not exactly.

I've been a member of Blackhawk for about 10 yrs, and River City Shooters Club (RCSC) for about 7 yrs.

RCSC has a semi-private range they rent from Blackhawk. The RCSC range is only open to the public for matches. Think they're only having 1 match a month - USPSA or something like that.

But as a member of RCSC, I can use the range any day, all day - as long as there's no match, maint, etc. going on.

You can shoot rifle, shotgun, FA, pistol - whatever the **** you want. The only rules are be safe and clean up after yourself.

RCSC has some new rules, whereby a non-member can be brought into RCSC one time - to see what it's like, shoot, etc.

You can email RCSC and have someone meet you out there, or contact a member for a tour.

Schedule depending, I may be able to show you around the place.

I can also tell you that because of some idiots, joining RCSC isn't guaranteed. They'll want to meet FTF with you, jibba jabba a bit, etc.

Here's RCSC's website: http://www.rcsctx.org/

As far as IDPA, Carbine, 3-Gun matches, I've been shooting with Mike at TexasTactial for about 10 yrs. He's good people, as are most everyone that attends. http://www.texastactical.net/

Friend was telling me today that Bullet Hole has improved. That was the first range I joined after moving here. In years gone by, they'd rent their Special Events bay to us for drills, etc. I haven't been there in about 6 years though.

A Place To Shoot had a lost brass policy about 8 years ago - and I haven't been back since. The only reason I went there was to use the pistol supports they had after I changed sights.

Edit:

Forgot about this.

If you join GOTX Forum, you'll find a group of guy that meet.

I have no more info about that to share.
    Last edited by Backstop; 06-09-11 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    Not exactly.

I've been a member of Blackhawk for about 10 yrs, and River City Shooters Club (RCSC) for about 7 yrs.

RCSC has a semi-private range they rent from Blackhawk. The RCSC range is only open to the public for matches. Think they're only having 1 match a month - USPSA or something like that.

But as a member of RCSC, I can use the range any day, all day - as long as there's no match, maint, etc. going on.

You can shoot rifle, shotgun, FA, pistol - whatever the **** you want. The only rules are be safe and clean up after yourself.

RCSC has some new rules, whereby a non-member can be brought into RCSC one time - to see what it's like, shoot, etc.

You can email RCSC and have someone meet you out there, or contact a member for a tour.

Schedule depending, I may be able to show you around the place.

I can also tell you that because of some idiots, joining RCSC isn't guaranteed. They'll want to meet FTF with you, jibba jabba a bit, etc.

Here's RCSC's website: http://www.rcsctx.org/

As far as IDPA, Carbine, 3-Gun matches, I've been shooting with Mike at TexasTactial for about 10 yrs. He's good people, as are most everyone that attends. http://www.texastactical.net/

Friend was telling me today that Bullet Hole has improved. That was the first range I joined after moving here. In years gone by, they'd rent their Special Events bay to us for drills, etc. I haven't been there in about 6 years though.

A Place To Shoot had a lost brass policy about 8 years ago - and I haven't been back since. The only reason I went there was to use the pistol supports they had after I changed sights.

Edit:

Forgot about this.

If you join GOTX Forum, you'll find a group of guy that meet.

I have no more info about that to share.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah Since I live right down the street from bullet hole i usually go there and i agree, it has improved.

I'll definitely check out RCSC.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I will have to check out Texas Tactical and RCSC....thanks for the heads up. Too bad Blackhawk is soooooo far away for me.

Feedback Score
    I shoot with Texas Tactical as well. Good group to shoot with. I'm still trying to make my first Carbine match though. Hopefully, next month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast