Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFW: TDSA Range/Training Meet-ups

Feedback Score

DFW: TDSA Range/Training Meet-ups

Since there are several people who have expressed interest in getting together to train and TDSA is probably the only place that allows the freedom to do so, I thought I'd start a thread where people can post up when they plan to head down there. If you "subscribe" to this thread with email notification (see "Thread Tools" at the top of the first post) then you can get a notification of when people are going to the range.

What: Range meetups at TDSA
    Where: From Dallas, travel south on Interstate 45, and take the Malloy Bridge Road exit (Exit 268). Turn left (east) on Malloy Bridge and travel for 3.2 miles until you reach Parkinson Road. Turn right (south) on Parkinson Road and drive approximately 2.5 miles, until it dead ends into Wolf Springs Road. Turn left onto Wolf Springs and follow it for approximately 2 miles, watching for the range on your right. The range house is a mobile home, and the range berms are easily visible from the road.
    Cost: If you are not a member, I believe it is a $20 range fee.

If you are posting to this thread, please specify:

1. Date and time you will be at the range
    2. Pistol, Rifle or Both
    3. Some way for others to know who you are (e.g. make and color of vehicle or a yellow rose on your lapel )
    4. Perhaps any special items you can bring (e.g. shot timer or targets)
    5. If you are planning to work on specific skills, you might mention what you are working on to avoid meeting up with others who have a different agenda

Hopefully this will help facilitate meetings between fellow M4C'ers and some productive range time.
    Last edited by rudy99; 06-09-11 at 13:52.
    I've got a bunch of survival guides on my Kindle, so I'm ready for an EMP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would up for a trip out there in the near future. I will edit post when I can narrow down a time frame.

Feedback Score
    I've shot there quite a few time with a member of TDSA, I have not been there since December as he is deployed to Iraq right now. Len Baxley is a real nice guy. I attempted numerous times to contact him to setup a membership after my buddy left country, but Len never returned any of my calls or emails. I loved the range there regardless of that, it is great to get in dynamic shooting drills instead of punching paper at the Garland Public Range. Don't get me wrong any trigger time is better than none. Me and tnt have metup at Garland a couple of times now and it would be nice to meetup with some other members here to do some drills, I think tnt would agree. Do you still have to be present with a member of TDSA to shoot there or has Len changed the rules and just charging $20 a person now?
    Words from a wise man:

People often believe that it is better to NOT learn from someone more experienced than them BECAUSE there might me a SMALL chance that they could find a better option on their own.

How can someone believe the above? Simple. Ego. They believe in the bottom of their soul that they are the "best" at everything (even though they are brand new to something).

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbyrd556 View Post
    Do you still have to be present with a member of TDSA to shoot there or has Len changed the rules and just charging $20 a person now?
    You still have to be with a member to shoot (plus the $20). I'll post up the next time I'm heading out there. The last time I went it was a game time decision, so I didn't get a chance to post up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy99 View Post
    You still have to be with a member to shoot (plus the $20). I'll post up the next time I'm heading out there. The last time I went it was a game time decision, so I didn't get a chance to post up.
    Okay I figured as much. Please do let us know when you're heading there next. I really enjoyed TDSA the times I went last year.
    Words from a wise man:

People often believe that it is better to NOT learn from someone more experienced than them BECAUSE there might me a SMALL chance that they could find a better option on their own.

How can someone believe the above? Simple. Ego. They believe in the bottom of their soul that they are the "best" at everything (even though they are brand new to something).

C4

Feedback Score
    I am currently planning on heading to TDSA on Friday morning (the 5th) at around 9am. Will be doing some pistol work (trigger and recoil control) and possibly shooting the Hack Standards. I'll probably take my rifle, but don't know that I'll have much time to fool with it before the heat really kicks in. Post up or shoot me a PM if you'd like to meet up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Rudy,

Have fun and be safe out there. Sadly I am working all day Friday and Saturday so won't be able to go shooting. Thank you for the invite and I hope some other members can tag along with you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can try to get out that way sometime, thats a bit farther away than Tac Pro. How long is the range?

Feedback Score
    Thought I'd bring this back to life. Hav'nt been on M4C in awhile. Has anyone been shooting at TDSA. If so, how's that been working out.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How do you become a member? As I recall you can shoot there at literally anytime of day. Correct place?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast