Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods on Sale

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods on Sale

Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods has a sale going on. 30% off on pouches until the end of the month. 50% off on #10 cans is a limited time offer. They don't mention when the #10 can sale ends. Free shipping on all orders.

https://mountainhouse.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    50% off the #10 cans is a killer deal but for pouches go here and buy the military pouches instead better prices and much more protein (meat). Fewer menus but much more bang for your buck.

https://nitro-pak.com/food/

example per pouch

MH Beef Stroganoff - $9.89 560 Calories 12 grams protein

MH Beef Stroganoff Military - $9.59 600 Calories 27 grams protein

As an alternative check out Peal Refuel a little more but two servings per pouch.

Peak Refuel Beef Stroganoff - $11.19 810 Calories 41 grams protein
    Last edited by mack7.62; 09-18-23 at 10:02.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods has a sale going on. 30% off on pouches until the end of the month. 50% off on #10 cans is a limited time offer. They don't mention when the #10 can sale ends. Free shipping on all orders.

https://mountainhouse.com
    Nice. I'd like to pick up another 4 #10 cans.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    50% off the #10 cans is a killer deal but for pouches go here and buy the military pouches instead better prices and much more protein (meat). Fewer menus but much more bang for your buck.

https://nitro-pak.com/food/

example per pouch

MH Beef Stroganoff - $9.89 560 Calories 12 grams protein

MH Beef Stroganoff Military - $9.59 600 Calories 27 grams protein
    Your math is wrong, the standard Mountain House Beef Stroganoff Adventure Meal is 12 grams of protein per serving, but each bag has 2 servings, so 24 grams per bag. The MH Beef Stroganoff Pro Paks are 27 grams of protein for the entire bag. So only 3 grams of protein difference.

Also don't understand the pricing you listed. Why would someone purchase from Nitro-Pak when they could get both the standard Adventure Meal (7.69 USD) and the Pro Pak (8.39 USD) direct from Mountain House for cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Peak Refuel Beef Stroganoff - $11.19 810 Calories 41 grams protein
    Don't know how they taste (the Mountain Houses have consistently been the most palatable freeze dried/dehydrated meals in a pouch I've had), but the Peak Refuel have only a shelf life of 5 years, compared to Mountain House's 30 years, if someone is buying this stuff for prepping purposes.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 09-18-23 at 11:57.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Don't know how they taste (the Mountain Houses have consistently been the most palatable freeze dried/dehydrated meals in a pouch I've had), but the Peak Refuel have only a shelf life of 5 years, compared to Mountain House's 30 years, if someone is buying this stuff for prepping purposes.
    That's why I like the #10 cans. That bags are good for dickin around, but prep stuff is Can time.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I do not see the military MCW packs, even though there is a military menu item. Where can I get this one?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up on these. I use freeze dried meals a lot for backpacking/hunting/SAR, and i've found MountainHouse to be my favorites. Just picked up some more bags for this fall, as well as #10 cans for long term food storage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on these. I use freeze dried meals a lot for backpacking/hunting/SAR, and i've found MountainHouse to be my favorites. Just picked up some more bags for this fall, as well as #10 cans for long term food storage.
    If you're on a SAR team, you should be able to get Mountain House on pro deal.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    If you're on a SAR team, you should be able to get Mountain House on pro deal.
    Good point. We get a lot of pro deals, but i've never checked on Mountain House since i have a bunch stocked up. But i'm going to check on that now that you mention it, thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast