Page 364 of 366 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366 LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thumbs up

Check the spare parts for all weapons. Inventory all food items. Same goes with firewood and other items for heating. Check car items for the up coming winter and such. Clothing update for all seasons. The big one is the Medical bag. Inventory and update it. Food items also.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    recycled my water, update the food storage. checked on batteries. went over clothing items for my emergencies.

Feedback Score
    My community took a direct hit from Ida. I learned the hard way as to what preps I need. Water, water, and more water. We are going on 3 weeks with no running water. I now have two 250 gallon lugs to fill once we get our water back.
    We were also weak on food and lighting. I need a light for my G19 and AR, and a bag to keep extra mags, cash, phone wires, lights, and knife, to grab and throw in the truck when we trek out in search of fuel. Glad I put a tire repair kit and compressor under the seat because we used it twice. Will definitely get walkie-talkies as well. It was stressful driving two vehicles with zero cell service.
    Last edited by DixieGuns; 09-14-21 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    Another bulk purchase of common batteries...C123 / AA / AAA and some 9 volt. Next paycheck will be C / D and some oddball types. Also stocked up on goat milk powder.
    Bad news never gets better with age.

Feedback Score
    Went to a gun store out of state to buy high cap mags. My state passed the stupidest gun law ever. No mags over 10rds can be bought or sold in this state. But it is OK to go to other states and buy any high cap mags and bring them here, possession of the mags is OK.

Feedback Score
    Added an additional gym day from 3 to 4 days/week, doing more straight training. Cardio confined to cycling, and rucking a bag pack with +/- 7-10lb of weight (equivalent of mags, water,spare pistol, IFAK, etc.) for 4-5 miles once/twice per week. All the essentials, food, water, light sources, medical, etc well stocked; but all is useless without being healthy, fit and reasonably strong.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Other than lifting weights, I changed my workout routine based on everyday movements. Now my workout includes hiking with weighted vest that includes jumping over walls (little walls) climb objects (bigger walls) picking up sandbags, carrying them lifting them over my head aquatint with them. At 50 years old, I need stay up with mobility like I was when I was younger. If you are interested int the bags I use here is the link. https://www.bruteforcetraining.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I haven't posted about it, but over the last couple of months I've been hiking/rucking weekly in my local area with either an Alice pack or my BOB. Besides the benefits of getting used to carrying a pack long distances again, I've been testing different sets of clothing and seeing how they ride/chafe on the hikes. In the finest tradition of Kansas weather, the day I decided to test out a set of MC Tropic on my weekly ruck is the day that the weather drops 60°+ from yesterday and leaves me hiking in 11° weather with a -7° wind chill. On the plus side, the set was comfortable and layered better than I expected for my 7-mile hike. On the downside, it took about ten minutes after I got home for my beard to thaw out.

At least I still know I can move at an ok-ish pace with a pack on when the feel like temp is -7*.
    Last edited by Alpha-17; 02-22-22 at 11:34.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    I haven't posted about it, but over the last couple of months I've been hiking/rucking weekly in my local area with either an Alice pack or my BOB. Besides the benefits of getting used to carrying a pack long distances again, I've been testing different sets of clothing and seeing how they ride/chafe on the hikes.
    Yes, this. So much this.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Nothing in addition to the ordinary, that is. I am maintaining my exercise regiment, combo of weights 3-4 days (mostly 3)/week and walking day 3-5 miles 4-5days /week with 10-12ib backpack.
    Being reasonably physically strong, limber, agile, and developing stamina is the best preparation one can do; along with other skills of course. But, health is foremost.

Page 364 of 366 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366 LastLast