Page 355 of 366 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Sorry, thought I was but was responding to the corona disaster preparedness thread not this one. I can see lots of scenarios where water would become an issue. If there aren’t enough people to run the water and natural gas lines then things have gone really really bad.
    19% require hospitalization . . . . about 1/5. So yeah, if you’ve got essential utilities workers in that 1/5, problems.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:39.

Feedback Score
    Increased my gym time from 30 min to 45 min/day and and added a 30 min bike ride afterwards (weather permitting). Having essential preparations is, of course a given, however, one also has to maintain ones' health via strength training, maintaining mobility/flexibility, and aerobic/endurance work as well. Basically, keep moving !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Couple days late in reporting (whoops) but with all the Corona scares and people talking about using ProMasks, I decided to break out the Swedish one I have and do some shooting drills with it on. Haven't shot with one on since Basic. Bit of an unpleasant reminder how annoying they are to work around. Having a handier weapon than an M16 and a red dot instead of irons was a definite improvement, but man, it still sucks, especially if you add movement and target transitions to the mix. It just means I need to do it more, I guess.

EDIT: Adding picture for comedic reasons.

It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    I have done nothing...absolutely nothing toward prepping today. Guess that makes me a fail-prepper... Oh well, hopefully I can still count on all of my previous preps to get me by for at least a day. Ha!
    ,——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    I'm good. I've spent more in the past two weeks than I've spent in the past two years on stuff. I hope to God it's all for nothing.
    This I agree with^

Feedback Score
    Picked up 2 more of them Wavian gas cans when I realized that my truck is going to get garbo mileage loaded down with bug out supplies. Hadn’t considered that it wouldn’t be capable of best-case-scenario fuel efficiency while hauling. Oops.

And picked up some potassium iodide (IOSAT) pills because trouble comes in three’s. I realized I didn’t have any. Maybe a major nuclear power plant melts down somewhere soon due to running on a skeleton crew. Idk. Not likely, but possible.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Couple days late in reporting (whoops) but with all the Corona scares and people talking about using ProMasks, I decided to break out the Swedish one I have and do some shooting drills with it on. Haven't shot with one on since Basic. Bit of an unpleasant reminder how annoying they are to work around. Having a handier weapon than an M16 and a red dot instead of irons was a definite improvement, but man, it still sucks, especially if you add movement and target transitions to the mix. It just means I need to do it more, I guess.

EDIT: Adding picture for comedic reasons.

Is that a multicam tricorn or just a craftily folded boonie? That’s awesome, LOL. I get one of those in multicam black and my preps will be complete!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    Is that a multicam tricorn or just a craftily folded boonie? That’s awesome, LOL. I get one of those in multicam black and my preps will be complete!
    Haha. It's actually an All-Terrain Tigerstripe Boonie, with the brim folded/stitched up to make a Tricorne. Pretty easy to do, you'll just need a Boonie with a wider than normal brim. There's a better picture of it in the AR pistol thread.

OT: yesterday I picked up some Pinto beans, and put them and 25lbs of rice into storage in some washed-out 2-liters. First time I've done that in 5-7 years, but figured it was probably a good time to add to the stash. I also picked up some more water. And, naturally, we grabbed some obligatory TP.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Page 355 of 366 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365 ... LastLast