Page 101 of 366 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Just ordered up 1000 rounds of 9mm 124gr.

9x19 is always in style.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    that will work wonders when the zombies start to pile up in the streets ..

Quote Originally Posted by NHCraigT View Post
    Regarding CME's and EMP's :
    Here's my 4 Wheel Drive, 1985 Dodge Ram W250 (3/4 ton). Inspected and ready to roll. 10K on Rebuilt Engine & Drive Train.
    Cabureted - NO fuel injection & NO computor(s).
    Set up with a choke system to start.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kajen View Post
    that will work wonders when the zombies start to pile up in the streets ..
    Ha, ha - Never thought of that dual purpose!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NHCraigT View Post
    Ha, ha - Never thought of that dual purpose!
    hehe just need something to protect the windshield for the ones that flies over

Feedback Score

The power of The Discovery Channel

Sunday afternoon and the wife is flipping through the channels when she happens upon a Discovery channel show about solar flares and their impact on the earth. 30 minutes later and she’s all concerned about what we would do if the power grid failed in our area. I show her my small stash of supplies and she’s shocked that we have not stocked up more.
    (Mind you, this is a woman who recently complained about my purchase of 25 lbs. sack of rice).
    “We have got to prepare!” she says. (Oh, thank you Discovery Channel!) So off to the local Costco we go.
    Lights & batteries, assortment of canned meat (good through 2015), oats, pasta, beans, rice, coffee, sugar. We looked at the emergency food kit sold at Costco, but passed as it didn’t contain the foods we eat today. This means we’ll be rotating our food supplies more often, but the tradeoff is worth the effort. At home, we’ll now store our supplies in the climate controlled house vice the heat/cold of the garage. That’s goes a long way towards maintaining shelf life. In the weeks/ months ahead, we’ll continue to increase & rotate our stock as needed.
    I am really surprised at the new “hands on” attitude of my wife towards preparation. Now she is looking for more information into urban survival, to include possible armed encounters. And all it took was one TV show on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My family has used these Aldi brand "Luddabies" personal wipes for the past three years and I can personally recommend them for Personal Hygiene. Cost per pack is $0.99 recently reduced from $1.39 during this current price roll back.

I picked two cases (30 packs) at a cost of $19.70

Stats,
    72 wipes per package
    Very Thick not prone to tearing
    6.7x7.5 inches
    Hypoallergenic
    Fragrance Free
    Contains Aloe and Vitamin E (I cant feel any residue after use)
    Alcohol Free
    Heavy packaging will survive rough storage.
    Shelf Life is three years minimum

Your woman/kids will love you as you know how they will bitch once they go without a shower for a week or so.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked up 6 boxes of field loads for the 12 ga and four boxes of slugs. Also add a couple of bulk boxes of Blazer and Remington .22LR( now have shit ton + 2 boxes), and a box of Win Large Pistol primers. Picked up a second LULA loader for the AR15 mags, man those are sweet. Got a couple of the Aqua Mira water treatment kits and a couple of their sports water bottle/filter setups. Oh yeah, two quarts of ATF for lubrication re-supply, and and a bag of potato chips!

Local discount store is still very low on ammo. They got some ammo in but the 9mm, .40, .45ACP, and .223 is CLEANED OUT for weeks now. They now have a nice stockpile of bulk boxes of .38 and .380 though. Oh yeah, and not a trace of Power Pistol or H335 powder for quite some time.
    Last edited by NWPilgrim; 03-12-12 at 23:02.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Local Wal-Mart had Duct brand extra wide tape and plastic sheeting on clearance. Now I have plastic seals for every window and door in a pinch.

Put back another five gallons of spring water as well.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Been doing some reading, the Last Breed as suggested above. It is a great book, about half way through. Today Amazon just delivered One Second After which is next in line. BCM delivered today as well, a carbine and rifle gas tube and a paif of Delta rings for an A2 FN and Colt M4 build in progress. All the Colt parts are here, just waiting on the FN bbl and upper due in a few days.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    My family has used these Aldi brand "Luddabies" personal wipes for the past three years and I can personally recommend them for Personal Hygiene. Cost per pack is $0.99 recently reduced from $1.39 during this current price roll back.

I picked two cases (30 packs) at a cost of $19.70

Stats,
    72 wipes per package
    Very Thick not prone to tearing
    6.7x7.5 inches
    Hypoallergenic
    Fragrance Free
    Contains Aloe and Vitamin E (I cant feel any residue after use)
    Alcohol Free
    Heavy packaging will survive rough storage.
    Shelf Life is three years minimum

Your woman/kids will love you as you know how they will bitch once they go without a shower for a week or so.

i can recommend these if theyre available in the states
    PLUM heavy duty .. they take Grease, oil, paint, glue and just about whatever you can get on your hands ... we use them to cleam hands and tools at the shop..
    thanks for rminding me to put some in my "bunker"

Page 101 of 366 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast