Page 151 of 366 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score

NATO fuel cans

For those still in the hunt for NATO-style fuel cans, please check:
    http://www.deutscheoptik.com/product...oducts_id=1718
    They also stock Feuerhand kerosene/lamp-oil lanterns, made in Germany and not the toys from Wal-fart.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    For those still in the hunt for NATO-style fuel cans, please check:
    http://www.deutscheoptik.com/product...oducts_id=1718
    They also stock Feuerhand kerosene/lamp-oil lanterns, made in Germany and not the toys from Wal-fart.
    Do they have cases of spam?

On another note:

Put back another 100# of dog food, 50 more of the small tea candles and purchased materials to make a simple homemade laundry tub (5 gallon bucket, lid and plunger). Stuffing my HSGI Bleeder/Blowout pouch.
    Last edited by cinco; 08-05-12 at 16:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    -THANKS Pete57 for the info on the monolithic water filter. This looks to be a poor mans Big Bertha.
    If I read right, these monolithic ceramic filter are what we routinely use here for drink water. About US$2-3 a piece.
    I am not sure WRT aperture (microns). Might give the manufacturer a call.

I've seen many SHTF schemes for field usage.
    The main issue is that it is only useful in clean water. If there are coloids or any other suspension, the flow is severely hampered.

Also, in presence of organic matter or clay suspension, the chloride does not work well.
    Paulo Marcondes -- Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Straightened up the man cave and added some shelves ahead of the next shipment of long term foods (Mtn House).

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Last week my nine year old son and I spent the week at Cub Scout Camp. It was a great learning experience for both of us.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Looking at one of these Coleman lanterns.

http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com...014127813.html
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Looking at one of these Coleman lanterns.

http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com...014127813.html
    I have one of those and it works great.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Added eight new plastic ammo boxes and 10 new AR magazines to the collection and purchased two slightly used unknown manufacture AR BCG's for use as emergency spares dirt cheap.

I replaced the gas rings and extractor spring with plunger and on inspection the staking of the gas key appears perfect so there is no need to bother with it. I will shoot both at least 500rds before storing them for emergency spare use.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I have one of those and it works great.
    Cool. Thanks. I Meant stove! I'm going to buy now.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Cool. Thanks. I Meant stove! I'm going to buy now.
    You will not regret it....it burns everything.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 151 of 366 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast