Page 2 of 366 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Great post. I never even thought about preperation in those terms. I will have to rethink some stuff.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Agreed! Absolutey a great post.

With 48 percent of Americans thinking there's a very strong possibility that we're headed for a great great depression (yes 2 greats), learning as many new skills as you can is pure "prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance" in action! I would fully expect terrorist (and all rogue, axis of evil nations) to try and kick us as hard as they can when we're down too. It will be a huge window of opportunity for them.

Some people will think we're insane to prepare to the degree some of us do. Reminds me of a joke :Cop pulls a guy over and in the process inquires if he has any weapons on him, he says "yes sir, I have a Colt .45 in the glove box, a Glock 23 in a IWB and a Walther PPKS on my ankle." Cops asks " anything else", "yes sir, I have a M4gery and a Benelli in the trunk". Cop says to him " Sir may I ask what you are afraid of", man says "not a god damned thing Sir"!

Doscherm and DaveL..."Stay safe out there"! and "thanks for your service brothers"!
    Last edited by Just a Jarhead; 06-12-11 at 05:56.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just a Jarhead View Post
    Cop pulls a guy over and in the process inquires if he has any weapons on him, he says "yes sir, I have a Colt .45 in the glove box, a Glock 23 in a IWB and a Walther PPKS on my ankle." Cops asks " anything else", "yes sir, I have a M4gery and a Benelli in the trunk". Cop says to him " Sir may I ask what you are afraid of", man says "not a god damned thing Sir"! [/I]
    I LOVE THAT!!!!!

Thanks

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I did just start the book, When All Hell Breaks Loose: Stuff You Need To Survive When Disaster Strikes By Cody Lundin.
    That's funny dude, I'm over here with the same book half way through chapter 6.

It's too hard to read late at night, but it's a good book so far. I already read 98.6 Degrees which has a similar beginning.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    NWPilgrim,

Good post man. Forcing yourself to do things outside your comfort zone is pretty wise; I forget that sometimes.

Just a Jarhead,

Great joke and thank you.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    That's funny dude, I'm over here with the same book half way through chapter 6.

It's too hard to read late at night, but it's a good book so far. I already read 98.6 Degrees which has a similar beginning.

That is funny, I am only on Chapter 4.

Was 98.6 Degrees a good read? I was going to get that next.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Was 98.6 Degrees a good read? I was going to get that next.
    I honestly thought it was the best wilderness-type survival primer I have read. It doesn't deal with any super advanced techniques, only mindset, simple tools, and tasks needed to protect the body from exposure and dehydration.

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wonder what % of "preppers" have actually hiked, camped, or spent serious time in the woods. Simply going without modern conveniences will be a shock to most. As Doc and Dave can attest, no a/c takes some getting used to. Thanks to Lenny and Katrina I've had crash courses in no running water, inside toilet, a/c, or power(just like camping except with looters). Getting time w/o these things may be a valuable prep for many.

I still say being in shape with good cardio is one of the most important, and overlooked, preps.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good thread.

In the last 24 hours:

Helped our 16 year old son work on his 1985 Ramcharger. He is replacing the front crankshaft seal and wanted to show him how to do it so that he could survive on his own.

Went to the range with a bunch of friends. I enjoyed getting some good practice in with various guns I had never shot before as well as help a lady improve her pistol skills.

Fed the chickens and cared for the mother hen and her five little chicks that are going to be future egg layers.

Exercised hard and am feeling it this morning.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excellent post MarshallDodge! I believe that well rounded approach to prepping is on the mark. It isn't about just food, or just guns, or just precious metals. It is about having saved up stockpiles AND being ready personally and as a family to do more on our own. Being fit, having DIY skills, and becoming a producer not just a consumer.

Page 2 of 366 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast