Page 201 of 366 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I hate thieves, wire up an 200 db airhorn to the new converter so when someone tries to steal it again they get their eardrums ruptured.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Warrantied defective gear and got commo up and running.

Feedback Score
    I'm a day behind, but last night the wife and I discussed our realastic goals for prepping, and good news she went from thinking I was nuts, to being on board. Even got her to watch Doomsday Preppers with me last night. Now that we have a realasitc goal, we are starting to put the plan into action.

Oh yeah, also starting looking into .22s. So I figure with my AR, 9mm pistol, and the added .22 we will be well rounded.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    i think .22's can be great as long as they are used for killing small game for food. I think it is ridiculous that people think they will be good for HD use on that doomsday preppers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmnielsen View Post
    i think .22's can be great as long as they are used for killing small game for food. I think it is ridiculous that people think they will be good for HD use on that doomsday preppers.
    Couldn't agree more about the HD comment, I just figure they are fun to shoot, and with all the shooting i've done lately I could have paid for one already. So I figure just buy one, pratice less with the others(basically enough to stay sharp), and then shoot the crap ou of the .22 just because it's fun. Some friends at the range like to set up golf balls, stand up used shotgun shells, and other things and just see who can get them first, it's all in good fun, and the best part it's cheap.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    That's for sure. $15 for 550 rounds makes for a lot if shooting and fun

Feedback Score
    well after work today i stopped by and picked up my M&P9, planning on hitting up the range on friday or saturday.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmnielsen View Post
    I disagree as a proven .22 rifle such as the Ruger 10/22 with factory Ruger 25rd magazines, some CCI Mini-Mag solids and a decent red dot sight or a six to nine shot revolver can be used by just about anyone who can point a gun.

Is it perfect or idea for self defense "No" but many people can benefit from a low recoil, accurate and light weight .22LR Rifle or revolver where they will not or can not fire a larger caliber firearm.

And we all know the saying "Any gun is better then no gun at all".

Not so far back the .22LR was the number one caliber used for home and self defense and was used in more shootings then the .45acp and .38spl. Only after 9mm and then .40S&W boom hit the market did the lonely .22lr fall back a few spaces.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 11-22-12 at 01:27.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    KVAR recently re-stocked several of their maintenance kits. Picked up several spring kits and bolt head repair kits in 7.62 and 5.45 for the AKs.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I got a lot accomplished this weekend. I went to Home Depot and purchased a Rigid 6800 watt generator. Got her up and running same day. I filled the 8 gal tank and two 5 gal gas cans. Put Stabil fuel stabilizer in the gas. I'm going to buy a propane converson kit. I can safely store more propane than gasoline. Plus if the powers out I can still buy propane.

Honeyville Farms had a sale this weekend. I purchased 2 more 55 gal water barrels and two single burner butane stoves. I also got a case of butane and another siphon for the water.

We currently have 310 gallons of water stored.

Page 201 of 366 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast