Page 250 of 366 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

What did you do Today to Prepare?

Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    I could have a possible trade for a old Colt R6830 7.62x39mm rifle that has about two magazines fired through it. Its been a closet queen for many years but the owner said he did remove the stock and forearm, coated the rifle with oil and sealed it in a heavy plastic bag.

He has twelve factory magazines and the original manual but no box.

He wants a home defense shotgun and just happens to like one of my Remington's but I'M not sure if it will be a good trade until I inspect and reassemble the rifle and see if she can hit the side of a mountain.

I guess the rifle would be a fun addition but I really don't see using it over one the Russian AK's I already own. Plus I have not heard of stellar reports of reliability and accuracy so I'm a bit on the fence so to say.

Any one here own one?

Opinions?
    While I don't own one, it's sounds a hell of a lot better than the RRA LAR-47.

In the current climate, the 6830 would sell for a lot more than one of your Remingtons.

If it's an outright trade, i say go for it--if you don't like it after putting it through its paces, you can sell it for a mint and get something else.
    Last edited by Ouroborous; 02-02-13 at 21:21.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score

created more problems

Finally got some quality bags that will make it easier to toss everything into the truck and get moving in a hurry if necessary.

Problem is that I think I'm beginning to think that bugging out from Staten Island will be next to impossible unless I start 2 days before everyone else! Traffic is a nightmare on a good day.

We got a taste of this during Sandy as cell and phone service was non-existant and for a bit, travel was damn near impossible for traffic reasons and while bridges were closed due to the high winds.

As an aside, although we weren't flooded out, we did lose power for a few days, police were tied up on other calls and robbing/looting was more rampant than I'd care to remember. Friends and family chose to come to our house though. Because of my stores of water and food? Maybe the AR and ammo? Either way, I felt good about the time and effort I've spent thus far trying to prepare; for whatever.

Maybe a nice boat is the way to go? Only a few blocks from the ocean and can't see the Atlantic being as congested as the Staten Island Expressway and the bridges off the island. Hmmm, the S.S. Minnow...perfect.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Finally got some quality bags that will make it easier to toss everything into the truck and get moving in a hurry if necessary.

Problem is that I think I'm beginning to think that bugging out from Staten Island will be next to impossible unless I start 2 days before everyone else! Traffic is a nightmare on a good day.

We got a taste of this during Sandy as cell and phone service was non-existant and for a bit, travel was damn near impossible for traffic reasons and while bridges were closed due to the high winds.

As an aside, although we weren't flooded out, we did lose power for a few days, police were tied up on other calls and robbing/looting was more rampant than I'd care to remember. Friends and family chose to come to our house though. Because of my stores of water and food? Maybe the AR and ammo? Either way, I felt good about the time and effort I've spent thus far trying to prepare; for whatever.

Maybe a nice boat is the way to go? Only a few blocks from the ocean and can't see the Atlantic being as congested as the Staten Island Expressway and the bridges off the island. Hmmm, the S.S. Minnow...perfect.
    We had the same problem here (Alabama) in the days following April 27, 2011.

Texting uses a different frequency - sometimes you can text even when calls won't work. Also, texts will stack into the bin and just "wait" until service allows them to tumble out and in. But that was also iffy, so I'm taking it a step further.

To wit: I am starting a HAM course this coming Thursday (Feb 7, 2013) with just that in mind. At least a half-dozen of my neighbors are doing the same thing. Next time, I'll be able to talk to somebody and get word out and in as needed.

As an FYI, Morse Code is no longer required for the license sequence and the Technician level book is available at Amazon.
    NRA Life Member

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Tyranny cannot be safe without a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." - James Madison

Feedback Score
    try EHAM.net they have copies of the tests for practice.

Feedback Score

Re: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post

When I was in the bronx I kept a bike and a pack with 3 days of supplies in it. I was planning on getting to friends upstate. I don't know your ultimate destination but having a bike to get to a supply drop helps with traffic issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Grey Ghost Gear finally got some of their Stealth Operator Packs in gray in so I ordered one up. Nice under the radar grayman pack for the daily commute.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Sold a spare 870 bbl here on the EE. Picked up two 100 round boxes of CCI subsonics at $10 a box. Too expensive but they had them and I wanted to be able to go shooting! I think I was buying 525 round boxes for about $25 a few months ago, can't remember. I have a few thousand .22 put away but as you know it's easy to go through a brick in an outing.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Scored a 16" LW Middy barrel off DD's website which was actually in stock.

Now all you A-holes need to stop buying every eFFing BCG on the interwebs
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Slept outside in my new camping hammock to see how it handled 40 degree temps, hour of weight training in the am and ran five miles in a chilly rain.

I figure being able to work in and adapt to nasty conditions is at least a little more important that stockpiling another full armory. I'll get off my soap box but (and this is just as true of me awhile back) a lot of the posts on "prepping" seem to be about buying x widget or x tons of ammo instead of actually learning to be effective in what post shtf conditions are going to look like.

Not trying to bust anyone's chops or make you feel bad. I'm simply pointing out seriously prepping for nasty conditions means a lot more than buying a bunch of stuff and sticking it in your humidity and temp controlled storage bunkers.

I believe there will be more days I'd need to know things like:
    1. How does my body respond to being wet in 30 degree weather with a wind and trying to start a fire
    2. How is my mental attitude and ability to think about what I'm doing affected by going a day or three with out food
    3. Can I function (start fires, carry a load, have a conversation, stay awake to watch a perimeter etc) after being up for 24 or 48 hours with little food and zero caffeine
    4. Hold the cross hairs/red dot on a target when hungry, cold and/or sleep deprived
    5. Travel more than 10 miles with nothing by my two feet

Instead of
    1. Loading my 100th mag with the latest hot stuff ammo and petting my rack of 20 ar15s

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly16 View Post
    I believe there will be more days I'd need to know things like:
    1. How does my body respond to being wet in 30 degree weather with a wind and trying to start a fire
    2. How is my mental attitude and ability to think about what I'm doing affected by going a day or three with out food
    3. Can I function (start fires, carry a load, have a conversation, stay awake to watch a perimeter etc) after being up for 24 or 48 hours with little food and zero caffeine
    4. Hold the cross hairs/red dot on a target when hungry, cold and/or sleep deprived
    5. Travel more than 10 miles with nothing by my two feet

Instead of
    1. Loading my 100th mag with the latest hot stuff ammo and petting my rack of 20 ar15s
    Your way of prepping sounds much less enjoyable than everyone else's. I'm just saying... (although not seriously).
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Page 250 of 366 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast