Page 253 of 366 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sweet! This is why I love M4. It's handier than a shirt pocket.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    But from what I have seen in my area is that WalMart has switched from M/H to Coleman brand F/D meals for close to a year now.
    Must be a regional thing, the WM stores I hit daily hunting for ammo on the pallets also have cases of MH foods.

One even carried Augason Farms 12-Day Emergency Pail for a time, had a whole isle full.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    I've beeen buying some of those Mt house meals, also. I've heard many stories about WalMart dictating manufacturing "shortcuts" & such to reduce prices on the items they carry, which actually makes the product inferior to the otherwise identical item found at other vendors. Anyone know if this is true for the Mt House meals WalMart carries? Hate to save money only to find out I have only gotten an inferior product.
    I have never heard that from any vendors I know who have dealt with Walmart. I have heard plenty of other horror stories but that is not one of them. If you cannot supply the volume or price point they want. They will simply replace the shelf space for another item that can. Contrary to what I have always heard rumored they didn't grind the vendor to absolute dust on the price either.
    Last edited by RearwardAssist; 02-05-13 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's good to hear. Thinking back, my memory is that I heard that the products were sometimes inferior at WalMart, but I cannot say that I was told that WalMart made that request to manufacturers, it may just have been that some manufacturers cut corners to help their bottom line.

I do specifically remember a gunsmith I trust telling me that my Remington 870 was "inferior" to others because of manufacturing steps that were implemented only for 870's going to WalMart, where I bought it, and he specified what the differences were, but I don't remember the details after all these years. I must say my 870 has performed flawlessly after over 20 years & thousands or tens of thousands of rounds.

I have eaten MH meals from WalMart, and they were delicious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    I've been buying some of those Mt house meals, also. I've heard many stories about WalMart dictating manufacturing "shortcuts" & such to reduce prices on the items they carry, which actually makes the product inferior to the otherwise identical item found at other vendors. Anyone know if this is true for the Mt House meals WalMart carries? Hate to save money only to find out I have only gotten an inferior product.
    +1.

If I'm going to spend the money I want to be sure it is wisely spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    There is a MH rep here, I believe his user name is Mountain House (or some variation). I'd shoot him a PM for a faster response.
    Thanks for the heads up on that rep being here. I'm busily working on the same chores on a weekly basis.
    NRA Life Member

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Tyranny cannot be safe without a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." - James Madison

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The wife told me all canning supplies are basically sold out locally so it was Amazon to the rescue.

Ordered:
    48 Qt. jars (1/2 WM, 1/2 RM).
    48 Extra Lids.
    Low-sugar Pectin

All shipped 2 day Free with Prime

I'm not sure if canning supplies are a seasonal thing or if people are canning like crazy.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    The wife told me all canning supplies are basically sold out locally so it was Amazon to the rescue.

Ordered:
    48 Qt. jars (1/2 WM, 1/2 RM).
    48 Extra Lids.
    Low-sugar Pectin

All shipped 2 day Free with Prime

I'm not sure if canning supplies are a seasonal thing or if people are canning like crazy.
    This is the time of the year when most canners/jar folk look for deals on canning supply's, if you wait much past March then most places are totally sold out as many are stocking up for the first early summer fruit harvest.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    This is the time of the year when most canners/jar folk look for deals on canning supply's, if you wait much past March then most places are totally sold out as many are stocking up for the first early summer fruit harvest.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Bought more survival food.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Ordered. 1,000 rounds of .22 with money from another spare 870 bbl I sold on the EE.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 253 of 366 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast