Page 261 of 366 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score

Re: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Isnt it crazy that we see .46/round for 193 and think "not so bad"
    I say, I say screw this madness I say.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Found a couple bulk pack .22 so that added in 2k+ into the stocks and picked up a bunch of mountain house meals on clearance at wally world.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My evening Wal-Mart run yielded several boxes (all they got on the truck) of Federal Champion 9mm. At a different location another gentleman and myself cleaned up on CCI .22lr AR Tactical (#0953) value packs.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    Picked up three cast iron dutch oven pots today, 1 med, 1 Large and the last super sized. They all have cast lids and band type hangers and are pre-seasoned and just need a burn in to finish them off.

While many do not like to use cast iron due to the maintenance and weight there is nothing that will last longer or retain a good non stick surface then quality Amish made cast iron dutch oven pot.
    I love dutch oven cooking (cobbler, roasts, fried chicken, wings, stew, brisket, pretty much anything!). But than again, I'm a PA boy myself.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    My evening Wal-Mart run yielded several boxes (all they got on the truck) of Federal Champion 9mm. At a different location another gentleman and myself cleaned up on CCI .22lr AR Tactical (#0953) value packs.
    lucky you, just got back from a couple Walmart runs. Ended up just grabbing the only 3 cases of Federal 100pk 12g. Been meaning to stock up on these just in case some time down the road another event happens that drives the price of what right now is cheap 12g.

Also Walmart has Sterno 55hr emergency candles on sale right now for 3$, normal price was around 4$ but when i looked the same candle up on Amazon it was pushing 10$ a candle. So I grabbed all 4 they had, the other walmart was already sold out.
    Last edited by murphman; 02-23-13 at 08:51.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My local wal mart has started a new policy. They are not putting the ammo out in the evenings from there shipments. They department guy said the manager was sick of people standing in line waiting for them to put it out and was getting complaints from other customers that they couldn't get any. There new policy is when it comes in they are to put it out sparatecly during the day in small amounts. He said in hopes that it will spread the love. So now it is a total crap shoot wether or not you can pick any up.
    I did pick up some of the emergency candles on sale and a few mt. House bags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman1881 View Post
    My local wal mart has started a new policy. They are not putting the ammo out in the evenings from there shipments. They department guy said the manager was sick of people standing in line waiting for them to put it out and was getting complaints from other customers that they couldn't get any. There new policy is when it comes in they are to put it out sparatecly during the day in small amounts. He said in hopes that it will spread the love. So now it is a total crap shoot wether or not you can pick any up.
    I did pick up some of the emergency candles on sale and a few mt. House bags.
    yeah the lady i was talking too seemed to know a good deal about what they carry and when they get it in etc. unlike most you walk up and they are like we get what we get. She mentioned her walmart during her shift she has not seen any 22lr come in for a really long time. 223 and all the other stuff comes in but not 22lr. So I dont know whats up with that.
    Last edited by murphman; 02-23-13 at 14:15.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Snagged a 275 gallon water tank for cheap. Going to setup a rainwater collection system for gardening/backup water.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphman View Post
    Also Walmart has Sterno 55hr emergency candles on sale right now for 3$, normal price was around 4$ but when i looked the same candle up on Amazon it was pushing 10$ a candle. So I grabbed all 4 they had, the other walmart was already sold out.
    Back in the fall my area Wal-Mart stores clearanced out these candles and I cleaned them out. I have thirty five of them boxed up.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Back in the fall my area Wal-Mart stores clearanced out these candles and I cleaned them out. I have thirty five of them boxed up.
    lol, I might actually swing by a couple other walmarts this week and snag some more if available.

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Page 261 of 366 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast