Page 265 of 366 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Costellow View Post
    picked up my first 10/22 and two bcg's are on the way.
    where did you find BCGs?
    Red Rider BB gun - Lever Action
    Daisy Model 10 BB gun
    Crosman CO2 BB Pistol
    Daisy F16 Slingshot
    McDonalds Straw and spitballs

Can you believe people actually list thier guns as a signature?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p22shooter30 View Post
    where did you find BCGs?
    BCG's aren't hide to find. The prices are just stupid high. Gunbroker has lots of BCG's from BCM and DD but they are all $300+ by the time the auction closes.

The wife got her concealed firearms permit back in the mail. We bought her a carry gun. She said she wanted high-ish capacity and the same cartridge as my carry gun (.40) so we didn't have to stock too many cartridges, so I just decided it made no sense to get a different pistol than mine just so I could experiment with another platform. So we have His' and Her's identical carry pistols with common ammo, mags, holsters, and manual of arms. Got some snap caps for them and she has been doing dry fire, loading and unloading, and malf practice drills with me to get some muscle memory coming. I'm proud of her how serious she has become about her and our kids' security in and out of the home, there's no doubt in my mind Momma will put some holes in someone if she has to to defend her cubs. We also got a GunVault digital quick access pistol safe for on top of the dresser. She still wants a Crimson Trace laser for the gun and we need to figure out the carry-purse/diaper bag as that is her chosen mode of carry. These are fun projects for me.

Gosh I want some more .22 LR in the house!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

What did you do Today to Prepare?

I've been searching for ammo to no avail. There are two guys around here buying all the 9mm, 22lr, and 223 ammo they can and jacking up the prices on arms list. I've been working on getting my BOB (more of a survival bag) finished up with some other things I need to get. Once I'm done with that I put one together for my fiancé. Been trying to barter for things lately by getting rid of things I don't need/use and trading for other stuff. It's actually been working out pretty good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeap ammo is still scarce in these parts as well . . . surprise, surprise.

I've been making redundant magazine purchases. Found a bunch this week: CMI M14 mags, BC Steel Lips 10/22 mags, OEM G19 mags, and TD ARC mags.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I've been making redundant magazine purchases. Found a bunch this week: CMI M14 mags, BC Steel Lips 10/22 mags, OEM G19 mags, and TD ARC mags.
    What do you think of those Butler Creek Steel lips mags? Cabela's had them in stock online and I have some gift cards I need to spend. I have a BC mag right now but the plastic one. It feeds ammo very well but doesn't give a great lock-up/engage when I insert it and feels very wiggley in the well. Wondering if the steel lips version is better.
    Last edited by 68W; 03-06-13 at 22:23. Reason: in-stock status change

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 68W View Post
    What do you think of those Butler Creek Steel lips mags? Cabela's had them in stock online and I have some gift cards I need to spend. I have a BC mag right now but the plastic one. It feeds ammo very well but doesn't give a great lock-up/engage when I insert it and feels very wiggley in the well. Wondering if the steel lips version is better.
    For years prior to some expensive after market mags like the TI25 and finally a factory mag the BX-25, the BC Steel Lips were the mags to own. I have not had any problems with mine, lock up is fine, but have not ran any of the latest manufactured ones.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    For years prior to some expensive after market mags like the TI25 and finally a factory mag the BX-25, the BC Steel Lips were the mags to own. I have not had any problems with mine, lock up is fine, but have not ran any of the latest manufactured ones.
    maybe because of this post I will test out the BC with steel lips. was watching videos one day and checked outhe 10/22 takedown. The host of the video mentioned BC mags and said throw them away so I never gave them a chance.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphman View Post
    maybe because of this post I will test out the BC with steel lips. was watching videos one day and checked outhe 10/22 takedown. The host of the video mentioned BC mags and said throw them away so I never gave them a chance.
    I've never had an issue with the BC hot lips or steel lips 25 rd mags in my guns. Any time I had an issue, it was ammo related and teh factory 10 round mags would have the same issues with the same ammo.

Before the latest crop of 25rd mags, the BC were the best ones on the market (better than the cheap Eagle or other low end and low priced ones).

My newest one is probably 5 years old so I have not tried recent manufacture versions.

--
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Picked up a new stick today, well new to me and like new. Picked up an armalite ar10 in 7.62. Walked into my lgs and he just took it on trade from a guy he sold it new to. I think I got a pretty good deal at $1300 for the riffle, 2 mags and 2 boxes of ammo. I am excited to hit the range. Just need to decide on an optic.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a bunch of the B/C stainless steel lip 25rd magazines and they are all GTG in any of my Ruger 10/22's. Plus B/C has very good customer service and you can still find them on the market at original prices.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Page 265 of 366 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast