Page 301 of 366 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I went to a lame ass gun show (I expected nothing less) but I was able to buy some Mountain House and Wise Food meals in bulk for a decent price (cash money no tax or nonsense).

Combined with the other meals I have we have about 2 weeks supply for 3 people. I spent some time sorting through and inventorying my ammunition stocks.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Put together three LBE rigs.
    First up is the LC-2. This is very similar to the set-up that was issued to me back in the early 80's.
    No surprise's here. Pistol belt, Y-Suspenders, Ammo pouches, Butt Pack (with W. German poncho strapped underneath), Compass pouch with either G.I. Tritium Lensatic or Garmin GPS. .. M-12 Holster with 1911 .45 pistol, Canteen with SS Cup and an Air Force survival knife. ..Total cost was under $200 minus the .45 and the GPS unit...

Blackhawk H-Suspenders LBE
    Very basic. H-Suspenders, Pistol belt with pad, Ammo pouches, Gerber LMT Knife, Canteen and a dump pouch. .. Total cost, maybe $140.00 bucks. .. This is a very comfortable rig.

Tactical Load Bearing Vest
    (LBV/LBE Vest),Gen II
    This was something new for me. Picked it up cause it was so damn inexpensive, $15.00 bucks! .. Added a buttpack and it's basically GTG. .. Surprisingly comfortable for me.

If I got a warning order (these days more likely a broadcast news alert) that Armageddon was heading my way, there's no doubt I'd grab the LC-2. .. It's what I'm familiar with and I can utilize it without much thought.
    The Blachawk rig is nice, and minus the suspenders I may look less like an extra in the next Rambo movie. .. I'm not real thrilled with the noise the velcro fasteners on the mag pouches make. .. The Gerber knife is a Bear!
    I'm not sure what to make of the LBV/LBE set-up, but for the money it'll get ya in the game I suppose. .. I like it, just concerned I'd stick out like a Mercenary in Manhattan. .. BTW, I'm not a gamer or a re-enactor (my apologies if I got some of the nomenclature wrong up there, I just like the idea of being able to grab an LBE if TSHTF. .. Cheers!
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."
    Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Re-certified on CPR this morning . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smedley View Post
    Put together three LBE rigs.
    First up is the LC-2. This is very similar to the set-up that was issued to me back in the early 80's.
    No surprise's here. Pistol belt, Y-Suspenders, Ammo pouches, Butt Pack (with W. German poncho strapped underneath), Compass pouch with either G.I. Tritium Lensatic or Garmin GPS. .. M-12 Holster with 1911 .45 pistol, Canteen with SS Cup and an Air Force survival knife. ..Total cost was under $200 minus the .45 and the GPS unit...

Blackhawk H-Suspenders LBE
    Very basic. H-Suspenders, Pistol belt with pad, Ammo pouches, Gerber LMT Knife, Canteen and a dump pouch. .. Total cost, maybe $140.00 bucks. .. This is a very comfortable rig.

Tactical Load Bearing Vest
    (LBV/LBE Vest),Gen II
    This was something new for me. Picked it up cause it was so damn inexpensive, $15.00 bucks! .. Added a buttpack and it's basically GTG. .. Surprisingly comfortable for me.

If I got a warning order (these days more likely a broadcast news alert) that Armageddon was heading my way, there's no doubt I'd grab the LC-2. .. It's what I'm familiar with and I can utilize it without much thought.
    The Blachawk rig is nice, and minus the suspenders I may look less like an extra in the next Rambo movie. .. I'm not real thrilled with the noise the velcro fasteners on the mag pouches make. .. The Gerber knife is a Bear!
    I'm not sure what to make of the LBV/LBE set-up, but for the money it'll get ya in the game I suppose. .. I like it, just concerned I'd stick out like a Mercenary in Manhattan. .. BTW, I'm not a gamer or a re-enactor (my apologies if I got some of the nomenclature wrong up there, I just like the idea of being able to grab an LBE if TSHTF. .. Cheers!
    That's a good post. Nice set-ups.

My prep: Chest and tricep work-out this morning. Picked some squash.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Today was an eye opener!

Went for a hike with my 11 year old son and two other Boy Scouts and their fathers. We needed a 5 mile hike with the boys using their map and compass. We hiked Camels Hump here in VT and with some jaunts off the trail we were much closer to nine miles. Awesome hike but it Kicked My Ass. I've lost quite a bit of weight in the past year and a half. I still need to loose more! im more focused now.

Water!

I smoked through 64 ounces of water and 32 ounces of Powerade Zero on the climb up. My son and one of the other guys shared some of their water with me! I will bring more water and my water filter next time! I needed another 64 ounces and got another thirty or so.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Had a friend direct me to a seller who was clearing out a bunch of NIB SA80 30rd steel magazines, originally priced at $8.00 each I worked a deal to buy forty at $5.50 each since the seller has been sitting on these Royals for years and needs funds for a new build.

Not sure why I felt the need to add to my steel magazine inventory but the low price and sealed in original bag condition pull me into the buy mode.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My family and I just got back from a vacation that was also a test of our bug out system. It was a success, and a ton of fun. The vehicle really shined off road, and our system worked really well but could use some tweaks.

Glad to be home after 16 days of traveling.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    Spend Sunday and tonight playing with my new dehydrator

1st batch just as a test. There are some peaches, babnanas, green apple, and pineapple. It ran for almost 16 hours- lesson learned slice tings evenly or you will get uneven drying.

2nd batch- cut it as thin as I could trying to speed up the process and I'm looking for ingredients for home made trail mix.

This represents about one apple after 4 hours
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by currahee View Post
    Spend Sunday and tonight playing with my new dehydrator
    Funny we're dehydrating some sage right now, and will be doing chives tomorrow.

It looks like I have the same unit or similar to you. I've found that the temps for the fruit and herbs take a really long time while the temps for the meats work really well and you can make jerky over night.

We started to turn ours up one setting past the suggested temp for herbs and we haven't noticed any decline in taste.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

new toys and survival blog

not sure if any of you read www.survivalblog.com but JWR wrote patriots just to name one. Mentioned a muzzle brake i just got, saves me from posting pics.

http://www.survivalblog.com/

but here's the company http://www.harrisongear.com/

put a smile on my wife's face and my own when we shot it, enough said.
    “It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” Samuel Adams

Those that bleed with me are forever my brothers OCT 28

Page 301 of 366 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351 ... LastLast