Page 302 of 366 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00006...sr=8-1&pi=SL75
    Try one of these. Work great for dehydrating.

Quote Originally Posted by currahee View Post
    Spend Sunday and tonight playing with my new dehydrator

1st batch just as a test. There are some peaches, babnanas, green apple, and pineapple. It ran for almost 16 hours- lesson learned slice tings evenly or you will get uneven drying.

2nd batch- cut it as thin as I could trying to speed up the process and I'm looking for ingredients for home made trail mix.

This represents about one apple after 4 hours

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

cpr

also CPR for healthcare provider
    “It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” Samuel Adams

Those that bleed with me are forever my brothers OCT 28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclete comes View Post
    You mean the e-brake? Looks like it could become real useful when adding another piece of the puzzle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    took the CCW class with the HH6 last week, and got both packets sent in. Been to the range with the wife and she is getting really good groups. Bought more canned goods, dehydrated food, water, and dry goods.
    Bought 2 steripens and 2 lifestraws, to go with the 2 katadyn filters we already have. Signed up for advanced first aid and trama aid, already completed first aid and cpr.
    Last edited by Javadrinker; 08-27-13 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    Ive been busy over the last week or two.

Cut and chopped a couple cords of firewood for the upcoming winter.

Harvested the last of the summer vegetables from my admittedly small garden. I did get in some cooler weather stuff. Bush beans are already 6 inches tall and should be producing within 4-5 weeks. Got some lettuce, spinach and carrots going too. I am doing an experiment this fall and winter. I started a few tomato plants from seeds a couple days ago. Have already sprouted. In the next day or two I am going to put them outside to get some summer sun and grow as much as possible until things start cooling down. At that point I'm going to move them inside. I have been doing some research and putting together supplies for an indoor grow room. My goal here is to see how successfully I can manage a few plants indoors. If it works out, I should have fresh tomatoes in January and February. If it is successful, I will start some more tomatoes and some peppers from seed so that come spring I will have some strong, healthy plants to get a jumpstart on next years growing season. This year I got my tomatoes and peppers in a little late, and although they produced, they didn't get very big and didn't produce as much fruit as I would have liked. Anyway, we will see how this experiment goes. Anyone have any experience with growing vegetable plants indoors?

I have been preparing hunting gear and buying some new stuff for the Elk bow hunt that starts this weekend in Wyoming. A couple new things to test out and evaluate including a new type of broadhead. Hopefully I will be coming home with a hundred pounds of meat to stick in the freezer for the winter. If not, it will be an every week trip until I do get something.

Canned another batch of marinara sauce and put another 20 pounds of rice and beans away.

Been pretty productive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Check out hydroponic growing with lights and "flooding/saturating" with nutrient-rich liquid feed.

http://www.1000bulbs.com/category/gr...Fctr7Aod7SUAww

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics

Feedback Score
    purchased 10 cases of water. We drink a lot of water and have been lazy and let what we keep on hand fall to a little over 2 cases. Whats going on with Syria helped a little with the purchase.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    Put together two 'hiking kits' in case i get lost while wandering about!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Rotated my gas and water stores.

Garden is producing like crazy and is the best yield I have had in the last 10 years.

And I renewed my family indoor range membership for the coming winter.

Now that I have my gear and prep's squared away there is not much to do other then inspect, rotate and wait.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    renewed the membership at the range, decided to add pepper spray/bear spray to the arsenal.

Page 302 of 366 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast