Page 303 of 366 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sold a g26 and put $500 on another 6920
    2 is one, and all that.
    Next is maybe a. 308 ar, if I dont get a bullpup in. 556
    i like dating homeless girls.
    when you're done with them
    you can drop them off anywhere

Colt 6920(x2, soon to be 3), Glock 30s (×2), gen 4: 19,21.
    m70ab2 u/f, wasr

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Took a hard look at my illumination kit and decided to add more battery and solar options. I'm good on oil/kerosene lamps and propane lanterns.

Picked up a Streamlight Siege for now to add to my battery powered lamps. LAPG has the best price going on these bad boys.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-10-13 at 20:46.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Took a hard look at my illumination kit and decided to add more battery and solar options. I'm good on oil/kerosene lamps and propane lanterns.

Picked up a Streamlight Siege for now to add to my battery powered lamps. LAPG has the best price going on these bad boys.
    This summer we upgraded some of our camping equipment which would double duty for disaster, bugging out, etc. Bigger family tent (Cabelas Outfitter dome is really nice for car camping), cots, hammocks (Hennesy), warmer sleeping bags and pads (Wiggy's).

I finally upgrade my go-to hunting rifle from a 1936 era Savage Super Sporter to a Sako A7 (both in .30-06). Really sweet, and or me the perfect hunting rifle, very accurate (1/2"-7/8" 5-shot groups are easy with handloads). Upgraded my 1960 era Bushnell Banner hunting scopes to Leupold 3-9x40, Leupold 2-7x, and Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40.

I worked through dozen of rifle ammo reload combinations and settled on loads for 55 gr FMJ, 62 gr FMJ, 60 gr SP, 62 gr TSX, 65 gr SP, 68/69 gr BTHP and 75/77 gr BTHP. It would be a much shorter list of I could find the same components in stock all the time! I think all of my current shooting could be done with 55 gr FMJ (practice), 62 gr TSX (hunting and defense if necessary), and 68 gr BTHP (target to 300 yds). And the 62 gr TSX likes the exact same powder and weight as the 68 gr BTHP so that is nice. Then loaded up a couple of hundred rds for the basic set of rounds.

Topped off my SD ammo stock with some more Win PDX in .40 and Speer GD in 9mm, and some #1 Buckshot 12 ga. Then finally got some AR500 steel rounds for banging away. Shooting paper is OK for testing accuracy, but I think steel gives more dynamic feedback on "good enough" SD accuracy for practice. Once I have an accurate load worked up on paper then I want to see how well I can do in a more real world situation.

I added a 800W inverter to my preps and next goal is a 2000-3000W generator.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    I finally upgrade my go-to hunting rifle from a 1936 era Savage Super Sporter to a Sako A7 (both in .30-06). Really sweet, and or me the perfect hunting rifle, very accurate (1/2"-7/8" 5-shot groups are easy with handloads).
    I love Sako bolt guns, them and Howa's have the smoothest bolts I ever handled back when I use to work the gun/hunting counter a big box retailer.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Made a trip to the hardware store, picked up a siphon pump and 5 gal Gerry can for my wrangler.
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    Did my normal news reading and well we as a country are really screwed as well as most of the people in the world. The new world order isn't getting any prettier ansd those who have taken the oath to keep the constitution mostly aren't so eff them all. See if I will ever help them.

Feedback Score
    Today I skipped my exercise for I'm having a bit fever. I just got my bag full of green vegetables, fruits, and diet coke which I'll be having tonight while watching my favorite movie, "Taken".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Picked up a boxed/never used Honda EB10000AH generator sporting the 68db Honda GX630cc engine. Got a heads up on a estate sale where the barn was full of decent hand tools both manual and power and found the generator under a tarp. At $1000.00 (Snap priced by seller) it was a total steal as I do not think the seller had any clue what the generator was really worth and later when I called Honda warranty I found she still has almost two years of warranty left making this one of the best deals I ever made on a prepping item.

This was the last item on my Prep list to have a portable 10000 watt generator on hand to be able to run a full household anywhere if needed.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice man! That is one hell of a deal!!!
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know if many of you saw the post I made in GD about living next to some scum bags, but what I did today:

Signed a new lease on a rental that is isolated, defendable, and has over 1.5 acres of usable land attached to it with a landlord that lives on the opposite end of the coast.

For someone that can't afford to buy at the moment this is ideal. I can expand my garden, the neighbors are not on top of us, the house is very defendable and also nondescript and easy to walk past.

We're thinking next year it's chickens.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Page 303 of 366 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast