Page 307 of 366 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3655

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    The price is right, but those stats might be misleading. Output is probably measured at the LED, not out the light (figure about 30% decrease traveling through the lens). Can you really see if the beam is visible at 420 meters, or is that "They can see your flashlight" from 400 meters away? Finally, that run time is, I presume, total time, not usable light. Most higher end lights will push the LED for max time, then step down to lower output for some period of time. Some pricier ones may do this several times.

If you're going to spend more money on better lights, check out Battery Junction (one of many good sites), 4 Seven's, or Candlepowerforums.com. If you're OK with $18 lights (which work, no doubt), then disregard my last.
    I did a little research on both these lights before purchase on different LED light geek forums and failed to come across a bad review either for performance or claimed stats. Most of the light geek forum guys like to mod their lights for maximum performance but gave kudos for what the stock Defiant LED's could do. Plus for peace of mind both these LED lights come with a full lifetime warranty so for the price and abilities its not a bad deal considering what most folks will want to use them for.

Are there better LED lights out there? Absolutely, but these have performed well for me to date so I'M just passing the word to my fellow members.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 10-15-13 at 17:49.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    I got LASIK! No more glasses or contacts to worry about, thank you tax payers!
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good day.

1. Topped off the 400 gallon propane tank - good for over a year at normal use. No use of heater, I could likely use it for cooking for 5+ years. Since water heater is propane, I could also rig up it up to accept pails of water.

2. Refilled all gas cans with fresh pure gas and added Stabil.

3. Drained the 500 gallon water tank, scrubbed and refilled with bleach appropriate for storage. Water quality appeared very good after 11 months of initial storage. Very slight surface particles (likely from the rural water district source), VERY clear with no foul/stale odor whatsoever. Likely water would be GTG after a year, but I now plan on secondary filtering if possible.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I found a good deal on some ammo so I pick it up. Went through our go-bags in the trucks.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Picked up the wife a pair of Columbia Big Cedar hikers to keep in her car to supplement her office attire footwear in case she has to hump it home from work, they normally go for $70 but a local Academy had them on clearance for $39.

Loaded up all my ESSTAC cards with the good stuff (Fed buck/Brenneke slug) and HKS speed loaders with GD 135gr +P JHPs at the ready.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    found two Scepter MFC's for $40 each at a surplus store. Bought about 15 lbs of bagged rice/beans and 10 cans of meat products.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looking to the future I saw PSA Armory had a great sale on C-Products 30rd AR's magazines in both Aluminum and Stainless steel for $5.99 each with free shipping. I have been using the Stainless version for training magazines and there have held up very well with no magazine related issues over the past two years. So I added 50 more to the inventory for when Hillary the Anti-Christ runs and screws the market for years to come I will have cheap expendable training magazines to beat on for a few years.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ack-11458.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-magazine.html
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Small steps

I bought another box of 300BLK from Ozark Ordnance, bought 7 LEDS from Harbor Freight for less than $20....
    Got to play with the Nikon P-300 scope and Spot program, which I really like on my laptop, but wasted $4.99 for the Ipod app.(crashland)
    Found out that Tactical Tailor stopped making .30 cal. ammo can covers, I hope someone else starts making them...
    Just remember when you are in doubt...It was amateurs that built the Ark, pro's who built the Titanic.......

At my current rate of posting, I might get to post in GD in 2015.......

Feedback Score
    Took a short notice camping trip with my 4 year old daughter, and 4 other families from church. Learned a few things(like my wife not liking to camp with a large group or she just wasn't feeling it this week, hence she stayed home with my other little one). Not really going to go into details, but think I learned some valuable things, to better help not only future camping trips but bugging out as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got my new generator squared away. Read the manual , collected tools and supplies into its own bin, ran it for ten minutes, made a list if spare parts to get, and we t through each maintenance step to ensure I knew all that us needed and where it is. Then I put instructions on it with blue tape in case I am not around. Planning to do a real test run with appliances and killawatt meter, and print off a maintenance log sheet.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Page 307 of 366 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357 ... LastLast